Gosford, Australia
Victory Road wrote:

i'll have a go at making a VST interface in synthedit once my friend gets one of these and we can actually test it!

synthmaker*
synthedit is a bit of a dinosaur and can't output CC commands out of the box, heh.
alternatively i could create a dashboard preset for FL Studio users

Unsubscribe

I think there are premium cc out modules for synthedit.

São Paulo, Brazil

A question for little-scale and lazerbeat (or whoever else knows ableton more than me): can I set midi CC parameters per clip? Is this done on the envelope screen?

Rhode Island
Victory Road wrote:

synthmaker*
synthedit is a bit of a dinosaur and can't output CC commands out of the box, heh.
alternatively i could create a dashboard preset for FL Studio users

Ya I am going to scrap together a dashboard preset as well but I was hoping for something that would display the DAC waveform and FM operators as you tweak them.

Dublin, Ireland
Lazerbeat wrote:

Live and max versions?

Live 8.2.8
Max 5.1.9

ad-hell-aide
iNFOTOXIN wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

Live and max versions?

Live 8.2.8
Max 5.1.9

Hi! How did you install it?

In my case, I would need to copy all the files in the zip - which are:
little-scale GenMDM FM Channel Strip.amxd
little-scale StripCC.maxpat
little-scale_genMDM_OP.maxpat
little-scale_StripCC.maxpat

to the relevant Live directory - which is:
HDD > Users > Me > Library > Application Support > Ableton > Library > Presets > MIDI Effects > Max MIDI Effect > little-scale

Can you confirm that you have done this or the equivalent in Windows?

Dublin, Ireland

Ah, that's exactly where I've screwed up. hmm

Thanks.

ad-hell-aide
PULSELOOPER wrote:

A question for little-scale and lazerbeat (or whoever else knows ableton more than me): can I set midi CC parameters per clip? Is this done on the envelope screen?

Yep - in a clip, go to the E for envelope. Change the category to MIDI Ctrl. You will see all of the MIDI controllers in the sub category menu. Hope this helps!

ad-hell-aide
DJ-PIE wrote:

You can still send Midi Signals into the MD without using Max4Live? I don't have any of them (Live or Max)

Yep! You need a DAW or music program or whatever that can send:
- MIDI notes and velocities
- MIDI continuous controller (MIDI CC) control data

to individual channels.

São Paulo, Brazil
little-scale wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Yep - in a clip, go to the E for envelope. Change the category to MIDI Ctrl. You will see all of the MIDI controllers in the sub category menu. Hope this helps!

awesome!

well, I don't have 167 bucks to spend on max4live, so I'll just route my nanokontrol knobs to the genMDM midi CC numbers and get used to them. I'm glad to know each clip will have it's own "patch", I was afraid these parameters would stay "locked" to each FM channel.

Shit, the interfaces haven't even been shipped yet and people here are already talking about how they'll use it. HOW HYPE IS THAT?

ad-hell-aide

HYPE AS FUK, SON

kansas city
PULSELOOPER wrote:
little-scale wrote:

awesome!

well, I don't have 167 bucks to spend on max4live, so I'll just route my nanokontrol knobs to the genMDM midi CC numbers and get used to them. I'm glad to know each clip will have it's own "patch", I was afraid these parameters would stay "locked" to each FM channel.

Shit, the interfaces haven't even been shipped yet and people here are already talking about how they'll use it. HOW HYPE IS THAT?

i've been waiting years

Gosford, Australia
herr_prof wrote:

I think there are premium cc out modules for synthedit.

There totally are, downloaded a few helpful ones!

The data ranges in the midi mapping guide - how do they work exactly? I mean, say I send a CC value of 127 to one of the operator's attacks rate - does 127 then equate to 31? Or do I need to be sending a CC value between 0 and 31 for it to work properly?

Last edited by Victory Road (Jun 20, 2012 1:39 am)

shanghai

every morning i come sit here. just to salivate for a while : )

ad-hell-aide
Victory Road wrote:

The data ranges in the midi mapping guide - how do they work exactly? I mean, say I send a CC value of 127 to one of the operator's attacks rate - does 127 then equate to 31? Or do I need to be sending a CC value between 0 and 31 for it to work properly?

Hi!

So - the data range of 0 - 127 is scaled down to only 32 discrete values for the SEGA from 0 - 31.

In other words - if you send a CC value of 127, this is "the same" as setting that particular parameter to it's maximum value of 31.

If we are talking about a parameter with a data range of "1", then this means there are only two parameter setting a "0" and a "1". In these cases, everything below a CC value of 63 (inclusive) will result in the "0" setting and any CC value of 64 or above (inclusive) will result in the "1".

Make sense?

Basically, it's the full range of 0 - 127, mapped to whatever data value ranges are expected for a given parameter. That way, when a physical controller is connected to those CC's, it makes more sense...

Gosford, Australia

Read ya loud and clear. Thanks mate!