12. jrasor
13. shanebro
14. Telerophon
15.      Robpoke
16. NUCLACE
17. DSC
18.    Grymmtymm

-----

I've designed a programmer around the work & code done by the Polish students which can be found here http://www.reinerziegler.de/readplus.htm

They have graciously granted me permission to make my own version, but there's some conditions which will be both beneficial and not.

The programmers will be sold at cost of materials. Consequently, there will be no warranty and no support for this item. They will be tested in the factory, but apart from that, they're sold as is.

Realistically, as there are so many costs to consider (duty fees, shipping, etc..) and is it impossible to determine the exact value paid per unit without actually finishing the project, I plan to sell them at a higher price, perhaps in the $50-$60 dollar range) and refund the difference afterwards.

Open to opinions and suggestions.

This is not final. The USB cord is hardwired in on my prototype, but will have a USB port on the final version. Also the LED will not be SMD, and will be located in a different place. Case color may change too.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 31, 2012 4:14 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

I'm totally down.  Will there be a DIY kit or is it assembled only?

rochester, ny

with a little more info, i'd definitely consider this. it looks like it would match my arduinoboy.

Theta_Frost wrote:

I'm totally down.  Will there be a DIY kit or is it assembled only?

Maybe. I have two PCBs made, completely different. One fits in the enclosure, one is meant to be a standalone PCB. So yeah, if people are up for some surface mount soldering, I'll sell a kit.

nickmaynard wrote:

with a little more info, i'd definitely consider this. it looks like it would match my arduinoboy.

Any questions?

Yup- It's the same enclosure that scienceguy used for his arduinoboys. Houses a gameboy game perfectly. Though, I'm actually leaning more towards black.

United Kingdom

If a kit means cheaper price then I would be more enticed to buy a kit.

Unsubscribe

Nice!

clovis CA
SAMWAVE wrote:

If a kit means cheaper price then I would be more enticed to buy a kit.

So... DIY kit > Fully assembled version?

Just to reiterate, the other PCB won't fit in this enclosure. So it would be just the PCB. Here's what would need to be soldered. I extended the board to have the drill holes for mounting or adding rubber feet.

clovis CA

will the DIYers be assembling it with the IC's? or will they be already soldered on the board? that might be the deal breaker for some

I would be wanting a pre-assembled version, but creating a kit would allow others to make and sell them to people like me. The kit sounds like the way to go. What kind of price difference would there be?

Last edited by fluxer (Jun 25, 2012 7:46 pm)

Gamboy sp cart slot?

Alley Beach wrote:

will the DIYers be assembling it with the IC's? or will they be already soldered on the board? that might be the deal breaker for some

Of course, why would it be a DIY version without some sort of DIY aspect to it?

fluxer wrote:

but creating a kit would allow others to make and sell them to people like me.

These can't be sold for profit, as per the license that the coders released this under.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jun 25, 2012 7:54 pm)

Bristol, UK

I would definitely purchase a kit. This guide makes SMD soldering look within the realms of possibility; or am I being too optimistic?

Gorinchem, The Netherlands

Maybe this is obvious to some, but I'm not sure myself so I wanted to ask: can the programmer read the SRAM of other cartridges as well, like a Pokémon game or the Game Boy Camera? If I can do with the programmer what I'm currently accomplishing through a Mega Memory, that alone might interest me in picking one up eventually. I'm not really down for soldering those SMD IC's, though...

Matthew Joseph Payne

The SMDs are my only concern with a DIY kit. I would jump to buy either a complete unit, or a DIY kit with SMD components already installed.