shanghai

I haven't posted any new chipmusic anywhere since the ep on kittenrock in february.
I haven't actually made any chipmusic or put any 8-bits in anything i've made since then. I wanted to keep my next chip endevours pure, so i will make more with the midi megadrive and midi gameboy once i get my hands on that beauty from Little Scale.

In the mean time, i ve been making really odd slow hip hop esque ambient stuff, with some cliche gansta raps and shit, you know the vibe im on about. I thought i'd link my latest set of tunes here if thats alright. I know that about 50% of humans listening to my shit come from here and 8bc.

So incase anyone is hella stoned and want s to catch up on some downstate ketamine shizzle have a listen. Would be good to know what some of you guys think because its quite different but at the same time distinctly downstates yo. thanks. peace. yeah ii write alot....im always too lean by midnight : )

http://soundcloud.com/downstate/sets/dst

.FILTHadelphia

Rad as fuck!

nashville,tn

um....... yes. very clean and even better: damaged. diggin all the space

shanghai

thanks alot for listening and the kind words guys.
im glad someone said 'damaged' 'diggin all the space'.
I aimed for that in a lot of it, i felt like all my previous is very hyper on the mid-range melodies and 10 layers of clicky percussion, i wanted to try and make the sound deeper, build a groove, but still be melodic.
And the murky bits are from my multitrack i got a few months back.....gives a super nice warble to run some synth through cassette, a really old shit cassette i left in my humid, damp chinese bathroom haha
peace

IL, US

moved to releases section, for lack of a better place... we may need a new subforum for people posting individual tracks that aren't for constructive criticism

shanghai

oooops. i was gonna put it in CC section. but i only realised after i'd posted

nashville,tn
Downstate wrote:

And the murky bits are from my multitrack i got a few months back.....gives a super nice warble to run some synth through cassette, a really old shit cassette i left in my humid, damp chinese bathroom haha
peace

i thought i heard some tape warble but didnt want to assume. hell to the jeah

shanghai

thought id bump this witha 1hr mix from the monday night ambient stoned chilled thing i do in shanghai
recorded it on a sony tcm 200dv tape recorder piece of shit
still, it sounds nice, like listening on an old walkman : )
and not cos im cool. cos im too broke to buy a zoom recorder lol

http://soundcloud.com/downstate-the-sec … llment-one