Chicago

Hello there, I've searched the internet high and low for a Ps/2 socket modification for the DMG-01. I know that Nex has done several of these mods so it is very possible.

Would anyone happen to know how to do this? Or know where I could locate a proper tutorial?

There's a tutorial on the LSDj wiki.

You can also make an adapter instead, and it saves you from modding the unit. Panel mount ps/2 sockets are hard to come by. The only ones I've found have to be glued in.

Chicago

Thanks Apeshit I couldn't find anything about a case mounted mod.
Although I found this wiring diagram:

Hopefully I'll get my hands on a ps/2 socket and attempt this mod. If I succeed, I may make a tutorial.

Austin, Texas

I've been doing a lot of research on this mod, but I've yet to attempt it. I'm highly motivated to work it out, though, because I hate destroying the DMG-07 link boxes to make keyboards or adapters. (Tangentially, I'm also currently developing a non-destructive DMG-07 Adapter mod.)

Anyway, it was a bitch to track this item down, but I finally found a suitable panel-mount 6pin mini-DIN (AKA PS/2) female jack:

CUI inc. MD-60CV from DigiKey

This thing will take up as little internal space as possible in a DMG case, and in theory one could use ribbon cable the same way it's typically used in pro sound mods to take up as little space in wiring as possible. However it's still tricky to find useable surface area on the DMG case where it can be mounted.

I think I'll probably end up using kitsch's custom case for any DMG I'll eventually wire up this way — That extra square corner looks like just enough flat space to mount this socket.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jun 22, 2012 5:20 pm)

matt's mind

heart cui inc.

think i'll order some of those too!

Chicago
Telerophon wrote:

I think I'll probably end up using kitsch's custom case for any DMG I'll eventually wire up this way — That extra square corner looks like just enough flat space to mount this socket.

I ended up just letting justin take care of the PS/2 installation, He threw it into Kitsch's case too!