How about we all just collectively email him until he can't take it anymore? That seems like its his real email address, in sure that could be annoying enough for a response

NSW, Australia

I doubt it would've been his real email.......he couldn't be that stupid.........

Sydney, NSW
The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

I doubt it would've been his real email.......he couldn't be that stupid.........

What makes you think that?

バード大学

AGENT SHHH WHERE ARE YOU

Last edited by Helvetica Scenario (Jun 27, 2012 6:56 am)

NSW, Australia
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Well if he was trying to scam people you would think he would create a fake email

Chicago IL, USA

I don't like being "that guy" who solves things appropriately, but you guys should just move on. you lost a few hours of your time making a song for some douche, but have spent the past few days talking about it here. in reality he is probably some jackoff youtube kid that does those "8bit covers", and if they turn up somewhere and he is taking credit, by all means put the kid on blast, but continuing this thread wont make him pay you.

Sydney, NSW
SadPanda wrote:

I don't like being "that guy" who solves things appropriately, but you guys should just move on. you lost a few hours of your time making a song for some douche, but have spent the past few days talking about it here. in reality he is probably some jackoff youtube kid that does those "8bit covers", and if they turn up somewhere and he is taking credit, by all means put the kid on blast, but continuing this thread wont make him pay you.

Yes it will.

That's how the chip community works

Chicago IL, USA

I wish there was a comment upvote or "like" option for when you like things people say but don't know the words to respond. Consider this a liking of that rebuttal.

NSW, Australia
SadPanda wrote:

I wish there was a comment upvote or "like" option for when you like things people say but don't know the words to respond. Consider this a liking of that rebuttal.

+1

Riverside, CA
SadPanda wrote:

It's not like Frostbyte and I are constantly bumping this thread and complaining.
It's more of just a "well, that sucked, back to playing video games".

Chainsaw Police wrote:

Well if he was trying to scam people you would think he would create a fake email

UK
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

GUYS! yikes

never send full anything without payment!

the only winner in this thread.

Austin, Texas

Man I mean we can bitch about people ripping off our work all we want, but those Crystal Castles kids are still getting paid. mad

Ok I mean really I am taking this to an extreme here, but really I mean what we do is so marginal and incomprehensible to the average person that exploitation "artists" can pass off something mediocre as something groundbreaking just because it happened to be accessible enough and in the right venue for mass consumption – whether it be a "big name" with some uncleared samples and a claim to a magical MIDI box that makes C64 sounds, or a youtube account full of "clever" things like "8-bit covers."

At the end of the day though, I think being open and communicative about the kinds of fraud we see occurring at the fringes of this admittedly esoteric scene is the best way to negate future offenses. When people understand what we do, they won't be as readily accepting of plagiarism.

Sydney, NSW
Telerophon wrote:

Man I mean we can bitch about people ripping off our work all we want, but those Crystal Castles kids are still getting paid. mad

Ok I mean really I am taking this to an extreme here, but really I mean what we do is so marginal and incomprehensible to the average person that exploitation "artists" can pass off something mediocre as something groundbreaking just because it happened to be accessible enough and in the right venue for mass consumption – whether it be a "big name" with some uncleared samples and a claim to a magical MIDI box that makes C64 sounds, or a youtube account full of "clever" things like "8-bit covers."

At the end of the day though, I think being open and communicative about the kinds of fraud we see occurring at the fringes of this admittedly esoteric scene is the best way to negate future offenses. When people understand what we do, they won't be as readily accepting of plagiarism.

I think you're thinking too far into this, dude.

Moral of the story: people can steal music, don't be stupid and send them stuff without payment first.

NC in the US of America

Wait... the chip community doesn't like 8bit covers? sad

={

I love 8bit covers... ={

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

The chip community doesn't like crappy 8bit covers.