Hey Im new to this forum and fairly new to lsdj and was hoping for some constructive criticism on my first lsdj based track. I am not completely new to lsdj, I have used it to add a few layers to some of my sample based music in the past, but this is my first lsdj based track. all the tracks are lsdj except a few percussion and vocal samples. I know the sound quality isnt perfect because i used the factory installed headphone jack on my gameboy because i haven't yet installed a prosound mod. let me know what you guys think.

http://soundcloud.com/proflonghair07/fat-rack

California

What kind of Gameboy are you using? If it's a DMG then the default headphone jack should be just fine for recording.

The writing is solid, I just think you should try and experiment more with the channels to get some more interesting sounds out of them besides the straight pulse tones you're using.

Yea I am Using the DMG. The only reason I say the sound quality is bad is because there is a pretty loud white noise sound coming out of it when i compress the audio. ive done a prosound mod on a color in the past and it eliminated that. I appreciate your reply and  agree with you on the simpleness of the sounds.  If you could direct me towards some particulary good threads on varying the sound or how to use the wav. channel (which i don't fully understand) it would be greatly appreciated. also i havent been able to find any really good tutorials or guides on using tables. perhaps i havent looked hard enough.

NC in the US of America

This is cool. I could longboard to this.

It would be cool to throw in some more experimentatious sounds, but I like the stock pulse sounds, too.

This is a good place to start for learning the ropes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sRclQ1e53Y

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 26, 2012 9:09 pm)

California

If you haven't already, read the LSDJ manual. It's very very helpful. There's also these Youtube videos, Sabrepulse's tutorial, and once you're pretty comfortable with LSDJ there's also Roboctopus's "LSDJ and You" column.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I don't really have any other gripes then what was already stated, I enjoyed it.

Rochester, NY

Okay basically that album art is amazing

I accidentally closed the soundcloud tab but vocals were good, you singing brah?

thanks for the criticisms guys i appreciate your feedback being critical but not rude im definitely gonna explore some new sounds on my next song. i know thats not me singing its all samles. the main sample is from a motown acapella called nowhere to run by martha and the vandellas. and then theres some native american chants and some gregorian chant.

Forest Maze
proflonghair07 wrote:

Hey Im new to this forum and fairly new to lsdj and was hoping for some constructive criticism on my first lsdj based track. I am not completely new to lsdj, I have used it to add a few layers to some of my sample based music in the past, but this is my first lsdj based track. all the tracks are lsdj except a few percussion and vocal samples. I know the sound quality isnt perfect because i used the factory installed headphone jack on my gameboy because i haven't yet installed a prosound mod. let me know what you guys think.

http://soundcloud.com/proflonghair07/fat-rack

Thank you based God!

good job man, really digging the mix of everything.

Rochester, NY

We need more chanttunes, so keep it up

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

K33P F1GHTING TH3 G00D F1GHT. ST4Y STR0NG. smile)))))

if (you.canRead(this)) you.areCool = true;

edit:

you.canRead(this) && (you.areCool = true);

Last edited by xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx (Jun 27, 2012 11:09 pm)

Sydney, NSW
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:

K33P F1GHTING TH3 G00D F1GHT. ST4Y STR0NG. smile)))))

if (you.canRead(this)) you.areCool = true;

edit:

you.canRead(this) && (you.areCool = true);

funny man