Alright guys, I made a thread here not too long ago about my studio project Sky Sanctuary. I've just released a new track "Press Start" and would be interested to get some feedback from you guys once again.

http://skysanctuary.bandcamp.com/album/ … -new-track

Cheers

Last edited by Joey (Jun 28, 2012 12:49 am)

NSW, Australia

A link would be great tongue

You should be able to see it now. wink

NSW, Australia

It's great! i have no complaints

buffalo, NY

Good stuff, nice glitchy djent inspired stuff. Not really at all 8 or 16 bit-ish, more like cheesy synths. However I'm guess it's more about 8 and 16 bit INSPIRED type music right?

NSW, Australia

What are you using to make the 8 bit/16 bit sounds?

My Igloo

It's pretty angry in many ways and very well produced as well. This don't really make me think of VGM at all (no offense) but I guess there's very few things about this that would be considered "chip" or "videogame" related if you ask me. Then again, there's a very fine line between what's considered to be VGM and what's considered to be electronic music. Composition-wise I'm very impressed though. Cheers

Last edited by PolarBirds (Jun 28, 2012 1:22 am)

danimal cannon wrote:

Good stuff, nice glitchy djent inspired stuff. Not really at all 8 or 16 bit-ish, more like cheesy synths. However I'm guess it's more about 8 and 16 bit INSPIRED type music right?

I used several different chips, but you can be sure they are legit 8-bit and 16-bit chips.

The idea of the music is more about the arrangements, the melodies & the progressions. It's more about bringing the vibe of classic videogame soundscapes rather than trying too hard to sound like it came straight out of a Sega Megadrive.

With that said, I appreciate your honest opinions. I felt like this was a good place to post it up since 8-bit music typically came from the games we all used to love and play, right? wink

Chicago, IL

reminds me a bit of sky eats airplane. which is a really good thing:)

NSW, Australia
squidula wrote:

reminds me a bit of sky eats airplane. which is a really good thing:)

+1

If you guys wanted to add vocals and do like a Chipcore thing, you really get a great following

Sydney, NSW
Joey wrote:

I used several different chips, but you can be sure they are legit 8-bit and 16-bit chips.

I'm curious, what chips? What systems?

Joey wrote:

8-bit music typically came from the games we all used to love and play, right? wink

inb4 nostalgia bashing

buffalo, NY
Joey wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

The idea of the music is more about the arrangements, the melodies & the progressions. It's more about bringing the vibe of classic videogame soundscapes rather than trying too hard to sound like it came straight out of a Sega Megadrive.

LOL gave it another listen.  I think you're full of it, or else you would have actually said what you used instead of LEGITCHIPS.

This doesn't at all take away from the music but I'm starting to question your character.  My money is on FLStudio

NSW, Australia

Yeah, does sound a bit shady especially "I used several different chips, but you can be sure they are legit 8-bit and 16-bit chips."

Remember: theres no shame in not using legit hardware

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jun 29, 2012 6:21 am)

My Igloo
The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

Remember: theres no shame in not using legit hardware

Well said, it always comes down to the musician and not the software he uses.

I have always used VST's for my sounds; in no way am I ashamed of that. It works for what I need it for and that's it! smile Thanks for all the feedback

Oh and dan c, I use Cubase not FL Studio.

Last edited by Joey (Jun 29, 2012 11:20 am)

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Pretty impressive. Has a nice Castlevania/Guilty Gear/Super Thunderforce vibe