The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I got the idea to do a VS collaboration. I think the experience is a great way to push yourself and improve. The idea is one person writes a song (or a rough idea/melody) and sends it to the other to redo it in whatever style or way they want. Then that person writes a song and sends it to the other (and so on and so forth). This also a way for me to kill time in between releases. (It's so hard to not post songs) tongue

So what I need is my collaborator. I would be doing 2xlsdj but if they were doing some mixed media, I'd throw some in too. I'd like the mediums to be kinda similar so maybe other 2xlsdj or nes or hybrids or something. Style doesn't have to be similar to mine's. Just keep in mind, if you plan on doing 1xlsdj, my 2xlsdj might get overwhelming.

I plan on it being an ep, so either 4, 6, or 8 tracks.

Mastering would be handled by a 3rd party so I'd need volunteers as well. They'd get their name on the album.

Album art would also be done 3rd party, unless the collaborator really wanted to do it. Volunteers welcome later.

Release wise, I can talk to my pxl-bot about releasing it or a split release with another label if you have one.

No day or time limit, I'm pretty loose on this.

Anyone interested should respond here with a link to a song using the media they'd probably be using. I'm excited to work on this and want to make it interesting for whoever. And I plan to bring my A game. big_smile

Edit: and if you only want to do one song or more people want, we can do an Auxcide VS [your name here] and [other name here]

Edit #2: The actual songs will be sent secretly, I didn't specify that this will not be a community thing but an all out ep of war. I will be starting on song ideas today.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm)

Philadelphia

I would be down. This could be a good way for me to learn how to write for 2xlsdj.

EDIT: Example work link: http://soundcloud.com/chrisdepew/someon … of-the-ice

Last edited by SubWooferSpecial (Jun 29, 2012 6:37 pm)

I can master and do artwork, for a low price (only because it takes time) big_smile

Madison, Alabama

That sounds kinda fun.  There should be a whole series of arranged VS EPs.  Like four songs (2 by each).  Like get a pool of cool people, pair them up, and release one a month or so.  That would be cool.

I do like your mastering, Frost. wink

NOTICE: I am not responding to any potential chipartists yet. I don't want to muddy the pool. But I will answer any questions.

I'll give it around 3 days before I respond with thoughts. smile

roboctopus wrote:

That sounds kinda fun.  There should be a whole series of arranged VS EPs.  Like four songs (2 by each).  Like get a pool of cool people, pair them up, and release one a month or so.  That would be cool.

I vehemently like this idea! smile

Rochester, NY

Dude Roboctopus, you wanna do it?  ~Wanna git witchu~

Liverpool, UK

I'd be up for a 1xLSDJ (possibly w/vox) collab anyone?

Gosford, Australia
calmdownkidder wrote:

I'd be up for a 1xLSDJ (possibly w/vox) collab anyone?

ok

So this has gotten interesting. . . If anyone else would like to go against me, I'm open. I'll even take on more than one. I got some time on my hands.
You can even have the first punch.

Here's what you'd be working on as far as my first round: http://chipmusic.org/auxcide/music/disregard-vs-melody

In the interest of not spreading my musical idea to whoever I'm with, it's only the melody. I already have a lot of it done so I cut out the bass and chords, even drum rhythms.
What you hear is: Verse, Verse an octave higher, Another melody (keep it if you want), and Chorus. If you want to use the same patch for leads I could send them (though their not that hard to figure out).

I'm working to get this set up for everyone to be able to do this, Roboctopus suggested. Just need to articulate the rules better for everyone.

Edit: 130 bpm, b flat minor.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 30, 2012 6:43 pm)

rochester, ny

Right here! I want in!

I would probably do 1xLSDJ + vox as well, maybe guitar.

Just to clarify the rules...we take someone else's jam, redo it in our style, then we write an original jam and send it to that person to do the same to us?

Last edited by bclikesyou (Jul 2, 2012 1:58 pm)

bclikesyou wrote:

Right here! I want in!

Just to clarify the rules...we take someone else's jam, redo it in our style, then we write an original jam and send it to that person to do the same to us?

Did you have someone in mind?

Edit: yeah. When you do your jam, you only show the other person the melody. And they only show you theirs. So not really a remix but 2 original songs with a common melody.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jul 2, 2012 2:01 pm)

Rochester, NY

SHOW ME YOURS I'LL SHOW YOU MINEEEE

rochester, ny
Auxcide wrote:
bclikesyou wrote:

Right here! I want in!

Did you have someone in mind?

Edit: yeah. When you do your jam, you only show the other person the melody. And they only show you theirs. So not really a remix but 2 original songs with a common melody.

Cool, that makes sense. It's almost like an Exquisite Corpse game.

Well I'm down to collab with anyone. I have a little melody that I'd like to throw an hour at sometime this week. I'll post it when it's set.

Gosford, Australia

OH i get it now i was confused and though this was more like just making split EPs or something weird

BUT I UNDERSTAND ENTIRELY NOW AND FEEL REAL DUMB OK

Victory Road wrote:

OH i get it now i was confused and though this was more like just making split EPs or something weird

BUT I UNDERSTAND ENTIRELY NOW AND FEEL REAL DUMB OK

Haha I'm going to find a way to write it up better, then it'll make it clearer. wink

I can collaboration with both bclikesyou and subwooferspecial. It's up to you guys. My first song's melody is already up.