Chicago

I have a DMG with a PS/2 port modification, running LSDJ 4.6.7.
I haven't gotten any notes too play from any keyboards on any channel.

How exactly do I set up the sequencer to work with keyboard sync? I can't find this anywhere.

If somebody could make a .sav with just the proper settings for a keyboard attachment, I would be so very thankful!

Austin, Texas

Did you ever get your keyboard to power up and sync with LSDj? I'm still having problems with mine.

My point being that if the hardware isn't syncronizing, it won't really matter how you set up the LSDj Song to play it.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 7, 2012 1:26 am)

Chicago

All the keyboards power on. I don't know if they'll sync until the sequencer is set up properly.

Abandoned on Fire

Have you read through the "keyboard control" section in the manual?

http://littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest/documentation/

Chicago

Yes. I have read the whole thing. I couldn't find anything about what I should enter in the pu1, pu2, wave, and noise channel.

Abandoned on Fire

Just make an chain and phrase in each one, no notes.  Press start.  Hit keyboard keys.

Chicago

Okay, its really that simple? Do I have to make any special instruments or enter instrument numbers in the phrases? Is each channel a different chain or will identical ones do?

Edit: Also is there any certain combination of keys I should hit to properly test them? Also when/should there be an I## in the project screen?

Last edited by GoingHam (Jul 7, 2012 3:59 pm)

Cleveland, OH

You'll just want to enter a black instrument on every step in the chain. That should do it.

Chicago

Is this correct?

Cleveland, OH

No need for wave and noise but yes.

Chicago

SWEET! just need to hunt down a keyboard.

BC, Canada

I've done this before, but mine's not working at all. I soldered a ribbon cable right to the board, routed it out by the contrast dial, then spliced it with the PS/2 end of a PS/2-USB adapter, then plugged in my keyboard.

The keyboard powers up (I can toggle numlock) and I've used the correct settings, but I don't get any input.
After swapping the white and green wires (which I assumed were the clock and data wires, and there are only four wires in the cable), it still didn't work.

I also made sure the wires were all insulated after splicing.

:S

The upper right contact should be ground, the lower left contact should be +5V, and the other two should be clock and data.