Westfield, NJ

I hope you guys plan to release more stuff in the future.

They do wink

brooklyn
Decktonic wrote:

I hope you guys plan to release more stuff in the future.

we do, and are currently working on it!
its taking a bit of time though, since I'm in Maryland for the summer and PopSTAR is still in Manhattan.
lots n lots of sending stuff back and forth...

Bronx, NY

Wtf, I had NO idea this existed! Downloading.

NC in the US of America

Cool... Dylan Sprouse artwork.

brooklyn
SketchMan3 wrote:

is that sarcasm?
but yes, he is an excellent pixel artist

Last edited by Kedromelon (Jul 8, 2012 5:54 am)

NC in the US of America
Kedromelon wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

is that sarcasm?
but yes, he is an excellent pixel artist

No. The feeling behind it was "Cool! Dylan Sprouse artwork!" The elypsis was supposed to denote stunned awe.

Cuz I'd been wondering what'd happened to him, but after hitting "Submit" I had a feeling of deja vu and realized I'd seen this artwork before and had the same reaction.

Anyway... yeah. Great music too. It's a bit overwhelming.

Edit: Hmmmm..... hm hm

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 8, 2012 5:56 am)

brooklyn

ah, gotcha.  thanks. overwhelming was kinda what we were going for on this, I guess.

for the record, you could say that Vengeance Valley is little more than a proof-of-concept of an idea we had for using a massive amount of game boys.  unlikely we'll do something quite like this again, and the material we HAVE been working on lately is far less over the top or overwhelming than this is.

NC in the US of America

Overwhelming is not bad. Not at all.

Also... and... I guess this is as good a time as any to ask.. I've been wondering... sometimes I'll download an mp3 from bandcamp and it won't be fully tagged (no genre, no album, no year) Is that because they were uploaded in an uncompressed format that doesn't support tags, and then auto-tagged by band camp based on your account settings?

It always strikes me as odd that a person would make something so cool, but not take the time to label it and stuff.

brooklyn

Bandcamp requires upload of lossless files, so ALL tags on bandcamp downloads come from their tagging system.  For this track, genre and album are the missing tags, right?  I'm not sure why genre is missing, but album is because this was uploaded as a single track.

Westfield, NJ

Oh yeah, in that case it would have been necessary to upload this as a 1-track album, instead of as a single track.

And I don't think Bandcamp does the "genre" tag. I don't know why. It's dumb.

Philly, PA, USA

this is literally the only chip music i've been listening to the past couple of weeks. where is more. make more. release more. i hate you.

brooklyn

A WHOLE LOT MORE'S COMING I PROMIZZZZ