Chicago

I've searched with Google to find premade Famitracker instruments and can't find anything. Does anyone know where I can get some FamiTracker instruments that are already made and ready for download? It would be really cool if I could find some instrument packs in compressed folders or something.

Why don't you make your own instruments? You'll learn the program better that way, and you'll get the basics of sound design so you can make exactly the sound you want, and not be limited to what you can download.

Chicago

Yeah, but I've been doing that the entire time. Let me put it this way: I can't make a good sounding arpeggio on an instrument. So I got lazy and decided I just wanted to download one somebody else had already made.

What kind of arpeggio are you looking for? Maybe it's a problem of music theory?

Chicago

Yeah, maybe so. I'm made of problems with music theory. LOL! I want a kind of C64 sounding arpegg- ...WHOA, IDEA! I'll use a C64 tracker!

Hahahahaha, I'm guessing you want PWM? I don't know if you can do that in fami

Milwaukee, WI

VRC6 with dat' 8 duty cycle

BC, Canada

Check out this thread on the Famitracker forums for some examples:
http://famitracker.com/forum/posts.php?id=1032

You can also download and look at the Demo Compo entries (should be in the Famitracker Talk section).

For a simple minor or major chord, just use a 0, 3, 7 or 0, 4, 7 arpeggio. Sometimes lengthening the arpeggios ("| 0, 0, 0, 3, 3, 3, 7, 7, 7", for example) sounds better.

The only C64 tracker I've used is Goattracker, and it's hard to use in comparison to Famitracker. If you don't care about using a SID-compatible format and only care about how it sounds, you could always use a VST.

Neo Jersey

i have a mega man instrument pack if ya want that pm me. The older versions of FT (3.0 and older) came with presets for vol, duty, arp, etc. i don't know why they removed that. i found it helpful to learn how to get different sounds. experimenting, trial/error is always a good way to learn. but when you are first learning its also nice to see other examples too cuz you may learn things you never thought to even try.

Nashville, Tennessee

if you want a (somewhat) easier tracker for the c64, try SID-Wizard:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7702/sidwizard-10/

still a few bugs though!

Last edited by smiletron (Jul 8, 2012 4:43 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

if you want a (much) easier tracker for the c64, try CYBER TRACKER
BUT if you only do easy things in your life you don't achieve as much