New Albany Indiana

So yesterday i decided to use my EMS Smart cart transfer program on my computer to back up my SAV and try to get it to work for an emulator. so after i got done with the transfer i poped my cart back into my sp to make sure it worked. When i started it up it brought me to my song but every thing had a bunch of "39's" an "D3's" on every other collum. but all my saved songs were just fine......... so i turned it off and turned it back on but when it started up it said "testing saved RAM.....please wait a while". After that was done it brought me back to the song with "D3's" and "39's", but all my saves were still there and working. I also noticed that my total work time was reset to zero (which about 100 hours was nonfinite). then about 1 or 3 minutes after start up it would bring me back to the "DONT PANIC!" error screen again. cycle repeated....

I had my lsdj put on it strait from Nonfinite's shop so i have no prior experience using the ems transfer program or messing with ROMS. Im pretty sure i did something or the problem originated from the ems transfer

And i noticed that there are about three others with ems cart problems... EMS crisis!

Those carts seem to be prone to corrupted sram. Removing the cart while it's in the transferer might cause this, but they can also corrupt just randomly.

Try to clear the sram. This can also be done by desoldering the battery and leave it removed for about 30 seconds.

It sounds like he has a USB cart. Hit up nitros sav recovery help. also what happens when the save is read on an emulator?

New Albany Indiana
12ianma wrote:

It sounds like he has a USB cart. Hit up nitros sav recovery help. also what happens when the save is read on an emulator?

I dont know.... im very new to it so i dont know if the sav is working.... but when it starts up it say's "Testing Saved Ram" then it brings me to a different  lsdj program it wont let me save and instead it said "reset memory".... its No$ gba or something... its sooo confusing.

New Albany Indiana

i'll try the disordering of the battery .... but i need a "de-solder" ;p And it sucks because i have a long car ride to sea side Florida and an open mic night.. guess i have to cancel sad

Send me the save, I'll test it for you if you'd like. also what cart do you have, USB or non? Also don't desolder or remove batt until I confirm your sav is good! don't want you to lose data.

Are the USB carts called "smart carts?" I thought that was the name of the non usb ones.

If it's USB, just pop the battery out. I'm pretty sure they're all socketed.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Sounds like he has a sav of his songs saved on his computer. It was only afterwards that it messed up. What I mean is, you shouldn't have to worry about his savs. He already has them. I'd just take the battery out and the such.

Edit: is the sav working fine in the emulator?

Last edited by Auxcide (Jul 9, 2012 3:20 am)

Chicago
Bit wish wrote:

i'll try the disordering of the battery .... but i need a "de-solder" ;p And it sucks because i have a long car ride to sea side Florida and an open mic night.. guess i have to cancel sad

I doubt you'll have de-solder the battery. Hopefully this will info will get everything back in order.

If I were you, I'd do the following in this order:

1. Blow the cartridge
2. Check to see that your on the correct page of the cart (Green led on the top means second page is active)
3. Try a different Gameboy
4. Try plugging the cart into you computer running flashing software, Does the software accept the cart as is or are there issues
5. If cart loads successfully try and do a save of the SRAM (Even if the cartridge is fucked somehow, SRAM may be readable)
6. Attempt to re-flash your LSDJ ROM after a format of the cart

If its still not working after all of that then I'd suggest reformatting and trying a variety of other ROMs to see how it behaves.

The "D3's" and "39's" happen, mostly when LSDJ freezes intensely (Easy to do with CPU clock mods) or when you shut it off while the sequencer is still playing. Most of the time you original save data is still intact so you can just load it from the save before the crash.

I have never attempted any .savs in an emulator. Emulators have their own sound I guess too but that is irrelevant.

Anyways if the cartridge is still acting up after attempting all the above then I'd recommend that you highlight the "Load/Save Song" in your project menu and hit Select + A it will pop up with a small box saying REALLY? say yes. You could attempt to transfer any of the .savs on your computer you may have backed up.

Sweeeeeeden

Dump both the ROM and the sav, and send to me at [email protected]

I think NonFinite has a batch of faulty cartridges. I hope you're luckier than me in getting a response from them.

Austin, Texas
Bit wish wrote:
12ianma wrote:

I dont know.... im very new to it so i dont know if the sav is working.... but when it starts up it say's "Testing Saved Ram" then it brings me to a different  lsdj program it wont let me save and instead it said "reset memory".... its No$ gba or something... its sooo confusing.

This response from LSDj means that the program didn't recognize the cart as having enough SRAM for the LSDj save menu to work. It would follow that the battery in your EMS cart is either dislodged or dead, or that your SRAM is completely corrupted.

Occam's razor, though, it's likely the former.

nitro2k01 wrote:

Dump both the ROM and the sav, and send to me at [email protected]

Nitro is pro, do what he says

New Albany Indiana

Ok guys. thanks! ill my problem is that i think i corrupted then got the SAV.........

Edit: and im in the sea side/sea grove area and if any one wants to meet up and jam thats fine big_smile

Last edited by Bit wish (Jul 10, 2012 1:44 am)

New Albany Indiana
rbino wrote:

I think NonFinite has a batch of faulty cartridges. I hope you're luckier than me in getting a response from them.

I dont think its that. I had him put it on there for me and it worked fine.

New Albany Indiana
GoingHam wrote:

2. Check to see that your on the correct page of the cart (Green led on the top means second page is active)

Is it supose to light up even on the first page? because i have never even seen the LED working.