Italy

First topic!!
Uh, I mean...

I'm planning on making an album release of some tracks I'm working on...
But I think that still there's something not okay with my tracks and I would just like you to have a listen and tell me if something's wrong, or if I can do something (anything!) better.

I'm sorry for the poor mixing/mastering, planning to get a xenyx 802 as soon as I can :<

The flying duck (LSDJ)

&

As Stars (2xLSDJ)

Thank you smile

Last edited by Merutochan (Jul 9, 2012 1:29 pm)

Westfield, NJ

ducks & stars are two of my favorite things.

both of these songs are fine, they just need to be mixed & mastered well.

don't be afraid to ask for help with that.

Can't wait for this album to come out! This sounds great! But, like Decktonic said, you need to mix/master these better. Also, I felt like the track "As Stars" didn't have an ending. Maybe try to write an ending to the song instead of just fading out? Just a suggestion, I am in no position to tell you what you should do. The flying duck is my favourite track of the two, it gives me a very IAYD feel.

Italy
Lavar wrote:

Can't wait for this album to come out! This sounds great! But, like Decktonic said, you need to mix/master these better. Also, I felt like the track "As Stars" didn't have an ending. Maybe try to write an ending to the song instead of just fading out? Just a suggestion, I am in no position to tell you what you should do. The flying duck is my favourite track of the two, it gives me a very IAYD feel.

Thank you really much! About the mastering/mixing, when I'll have the mixer maybe I will ask on the forum for some advices about eq and compressing, I'm totally a noob in these things tongue
Yay I know, I didn't put an end because I actually prepared the "mixing" version, the one that playing live I would fade to let in another song, I'm also working on the end but main is done.

I didn't actually know IAYD, thanks for telling me! yikes

Thanks to Decktonick too!

Westfield, NJ

well one piece of advice is, learn to mix in the medium -- that is, work with the levels and panning of each instrument inside LSDJ so that it sounds great without having to use an external mixer. otherwise you are only going to be compensating in post-production, and if you ever play your track live it won't sound as good.

Last edited by Decktonic (Jul 9, 2012 6:05 pm)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I really like As Stars. And not just because it's 2xlsdj. I agree that it needs a better ending. I also feel as some sections are too long in a repetitive sense. I have an idea: you should slow the tempo down at the end until it becomes nice and funky, then end with a chord.

I could show you what I mean better then saying it, but I don't ask for .savs. wink

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what else you've got. smile
(Mebbee I'll cover As Stars, I like it that much)