Chicago

Someone let me know if this is wrong, but this is my theory on how a song is rated on ChipMusic.org:
(I apologize in advance for the all-caps thing, this was already written elsewhere.)

A SONG'S RATING IS CALCULATED USING THE NUMBER OF REPLIES IT HAS GOTTEN AND IT'S CURRENT VIEW COUNT. IF A SONG GETS ONE REPLY PER FIVE OR SO VIEWS, IT IS DOING FREAKING WELL. BUT IF IT ONLY GETS ONE REPLY PERIOD, AND THE VIEW COUNT CONTINUES TO RISE, THEN ITS RATING GOES DOWN BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE SO MANY REPLIES PER NUMBER OF VIEWS ANYMORE. SO IF A SONG IS BRAND NEW (IT ONLY HAS A FEW VIEWS) AND IT GETS ONE REPLY, IT AUTOMATICALLY GETS A FIVE STAR RATING. THAT RATING WILL LOWER IF IT CONTINUES TO GET VIEWS AND DOES NOT CONTINUE TO GET REPLIES.

IN OTHER WORDS, UPLOADING A SONG AND RECEIVING A REPLY VERY SOON AFTER WILL GIVE IT FIVE STARS, YET THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. IT STILL HAS A LOT OF VIEWS + REPLIES TO GET BEFORE IT CAN BE CONSIDERED AN IMPRESSIVE FEAT. I ONCE TOLD A FRIEND "I UPLOADED MY FIRST CHIPTUNE AND IT INSTANTLY GOT A REPLY AND A FIVE STAR RATING." WELL NOW I KNOW THAT THAT DOESN'T MEAN SH*T.

Chicago

Was I correct?

Sweeeeeeden

YES AND THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED HERE AND HERE AND ALSO WRITING ALL CAPS MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE SCREAMING EVEN IF YOU'RE QUOTING SOMEONE!

Chicago
nitro2k01 wrote:

YES AND THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED HERE AND HERE AND ALSO WRITING ALL CAPS MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE SCREAMING EVEN IF YOU'RE QUOTING SOMEONE!

Lol! XD Yeah, sorry about that!

Man, I should really search the forums more before I post in case someone else has already asked what I'm asking...

Chicago IL
stancoolness wrote:

Man, I should really search the forums more before I post in case someone else has already asked what I'm asking...

no fucking shit

Forest Maze

› Show Spoiler

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Whoo points. Who the fuck listens to music on here? wink
This isn't deviantart.

NC in the US of America
Auxcide wrote:

Whoo points. Who the fuck listens to music on here? wink
This isn't deviantart.

I do. It's a strange feeling, but I like it. I usually go to a person's profile to preview their music when they post in the Release section before checking out their release.

NSW, Australia

I listen to music on cm.o just to check it out, it's not like it's Itunes or somthing.

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jul 10, 2012 3:13 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

[ I wasn't serious ]
When I get time, I try to comment on the least commented songs.

matt's mind

i find the iphone app a little more natural to peruse songs here, tbh...

Chicago IL, USA

I attempt to listen to music here but get "File Not Found" 80% of the time. Just took me like 10 refreshes to get that Unicorn Dream Attack song to play

detroit

is this what the innernette has come to?