rochester, ny
ScirraTom wrote:

The normal cut we take is 30% after fees have been deducted (typically Paypal transaction fees). 

There's also the possibility of selling them individually at around £2-£3 per song.

so, possibly £2 ($3 USD) minus fees (3%?) minus 30%?

is that approximately $2 USD?

The Mountains

I have a question, how much are you guys currently making releasing music for free and do you think you would you be making more if you submitted some quick loops to this guy?

Scotland

It's after PayPal deductions, though, right?
Let's convert to US dollars to make things easier to begin with.

£2 is $3.09

$3.09 - (2.9% of $3.09) - $0.30 = $2.70
$2.70 - (30% of $2.70) = $1.89

And that's if conversion rates are decent, and conversion costs 2.5% for international orders. So, yeah, you couldn't buy much for it. I support the idea - they're offering exposure.

Westfield, NJ
HPizzle wrote:

I just have conflicted thoughts on this whole thing. For $10 i wouldn't want to pretty much give away my A grade material.

So don't do that.

I might submit some loops that are sitting around collecting dust. But that doesn't do much good for my name as an artist.

then don't use your artist name.

There's a reason those songs were collecting dust lol. Why not give the artist the power to name their rate?

Because then you would be undersold by someone else. There's a reason all songs on iTunes are the same price.

Also to the person that said it would be weird to hear the same songs in multiple games... um... it happens anyway so what are you going to do? There are some free sound library websites that give away songs, and if you play a lot of flash games eventually you will hear one of these songs in multiple games.

Rochester, NY
Rainbowdragoneyes wrote:

I have a question, how much are you guys currently making releasing music for free and do you think you would you be making more if you submitted some quick loops to this guy?

Enough, and not really IMO