Chicago

No. It flashes very quickly hardly even noticeable when you power off from the first page.
The second page when used activates a green LED indicator on the top of the cartridge next to the usb slot.

To easily get to the second page just turn on the gameboy fully, while nintendor is falling from the top of the screen just carefully slide the power switch half way in between on and off and it should activate the second page. It will probably take a few tries.

New Albany Indiana

will it delete my sav? if i switch?

Chicago

Nope. Although trying to save something on the while running a rom on the second page will mess with anything you haven't saved in the first page.

Its kinda complicated.

Bit wish wrote:
rbino wrote:

I think NonFinite has a batch of faulty cartridges. I hope you're luckier than me in getting a response from them.

I dont think its that. I had him put it on there for me and it worked fine.

So did my cart, but when I tried using it by myself with the program all was a complete failure

New Albany Indiana

maybe were just stupid....

New Albany Indiana
GoingHam wrote:

Nope. Although trying to save something on the while running a rom on the second page will mess with anything you haven't saved in the first page.

Its kinda complicated.

so your saying that if i have any unsaved work (like if i do stuff then just turn it off with out saving) on what ever page when i switch it deletes any unsaved work but wont mess with my saved songs?

Austin, Texas

Yo. About the EMS carts:

The EMS 64M carts overcome a limitation of the game boy hardware that was maxed out in the 32M carts. I don't understand what the restriction is very well, but apparently the way a cart has to be constructed restricts the maximum contiguous amount of memory to 32M. Ergo, the EMS 64M carts are just two 32M carts on the same circuit board, with only one SRAM slot.

So, think of your second page as another virtual cartridge, but for both virtual cartridges, you only have one save slot.

Therefore, if you run LSDj on Page 1 and use the SRAM to save your work in it, if you run a game on Page 2 and save your game, it writes over your LSDj save. Two virtual cartridges, but only one save slot.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 11, 2012 5:46 am)

NC in the US of America

So with an LSDJ on both pages, do they play nice with eachother, sharing the SRAM without any conflicts?

Austin, Texas

I uh… don't know how to answer that.

I'll try it as an experiment and see, but theoretically yes, as long as both iterations of LSDj can read the same format of save in the SRAM.

Really, though, there is virtually no benefit in doing this unless you keep an alternate version of LSDj for specific reasons.

I keep little toy programs that don't write to SRAM like muddyGB or the DMG Test Rom on my own Page 2.

New Albany Indiana

Ok. i understannd thanks!

Bit wish wrote:

maybe were just stupid....

Maybe, but the fact that I got another cartridge from another site and it's perfectly working lowers the probabilities of us being stupid

matt's mind

can you do a real quick check on something about the cart?

on the back of the plastic, towards the bottom of the case, you should see a # code melted/stamped into the plastic. 

what is the code?  this will date the assembly of the cartridge, some assemblies had some issues but they were a while ago.  just want to check.

if the date code is old enough, the PCB revision could even be a later one.  if you get a code that is dated for 2012 (it'll have a 12 in the code), and if you want to open up your cartridge case, look on the top right of the PCB.  you'll see a PCB revision mark there.

the latest revision should be 11.  i've not had a bad cart in a batch yet from PCB revision 11.  could be coincidence though.

The non-working one I have is 1110. The working one 1203.
Both have PCB-revision GB64USB-11

New Albany Indiana

mines 1107

New Albany Indiana

my sav is still working and every project is fully intact. i think i just have to mess with the battery

New Albany Indiana

OK! so i opened my cartridge and was surprised to see that it doesn't use a soldered in battery, instead its a pop'n play battery. so if i put a new one in will it delete my sav?