El Paso, TX

Im barely getting into all of this, and I don't know how to start exactly.

Im not sure if I should get a modded DMG with 1/8 Prosound, RCA Prosound outputs, and backlit(go all out the first time you know?) or just start off with a standard Gameboy Pocket

I have a mixer already though, this one
http://cdn.synthtopia.com/wp-content/up … -mixer.png

But that's about it hmm

I'd really appreciate it if you guys maybe tell me what i'd need or send me in the right direction.

Thank you(:

California

First of all, if you searched around a bit you'd find plenty of topics that can answer most, if not all of your questions.

But anyways, you really dont need any of those mods especially if you're just starting out. The only really useful mod is a backlight, and even then it's not really necessary. Just use your Pocket or get a stock DMG. And as for your mixer, that is waaaaaay way more than you need like, ever unless you're doing a gameboy+live band thing. Do you have cords? You'll need one 1/8" to split 1/4" cable if you don't already have one.

El Paso, TX

Oh..im sorry, I'm really new to this website.. sad

And yeah i'd figure that, I only have that mixer cause its a spare my record label has, but yeah i'll probably end up using it for that one day(with a band)

Alright cool, thanks(:

For getting into LSDJ a Emulator would be fine enough for the first few steps.
And if you want to get going on a DMG, the standart Backlight & 1/8 ProSound should do. But you would also have to get a Flash Cart.
So try out the first few times with a simple Emulator.

El Paso, TX

@9-Heart    Thank you(:  and btw, I love the track you have up, your style is very unique, I'm digging it

Bristol, UK

Backlit, internal prosound (so you don't have to deface a shell + there are a million different cables and adapters so you never really need anything else).

Download the LSDj demo and test it on an emulator. Follow one of the LSDj tutorials, just to get used to the different screens and stuff.

Madison, Alabama

Like these guys said, you don't need a pro-sound mod to start out with.  An EMS cart and a regular game boy, color, pocket, whatever will do just fine.

You can also use an emulator.  BGB is very close sound-wise and even has an export option for outputting each channel's sound individually, so you can just export the audio and dump it in your DAW for mixing.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
VCMG wrote:

And as for your mixer, that is waaaaaay way more than you need like, ever unless you're doing a gameboy+live band thing.

I could really use that mixer actually. yikes

Edit: also, get an sp. They got the whole package except you'd need a headphone adapter

Last edited by Auxcide (Jul 9, 2012 10:00 pm)

United Kingdom

Depending on your budget either use an emulator to get the ropes of LSDJ. (Get the ROM by donating to LSDJ http://littlesounddj.com/lsd/)

or

Get yourself a flash cart from an online supplier (Search the threads) and get started using real hardware (I found it easier to use the program on hardware rather than emulation).

El Paso, TX

Nice, thanks everyone(:
And I WAS considering getting an SP, but I saw this thread that had link to the pros and cons of each system and it seemed like the SP wasn't so great? Im not sure, I couldn't hear much a difference to be honest

Great artists such as bclikesyou and myself use them tongue

I have no problem with their quality and their processor is better then the gb so no freezes and stuff.

Edit: you can listen to either of our albums, they were recorded with them.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jul 9, 2012 10:28 pm)

El Paso, TX

Thanks (:
Oh and also, I wondering, when you get the cartridge to put LSDJ in, if I'm on Windows, do I just have to drag the LSDJ file into it or is the more complicated things involved?

It's more complicated. It comes with a CD that has a program for putting Roms on the cartridge. There's other programs for doing other things with lsdj. (Sample kits, save management)

Last edited by Auxcide (Jul 14, 2012 5:11 am)

El Paso, TX

Is it cool if I PM you Auxcide? Sorry for my noobness hmm

Sure, but if you ask questions in this thread, you might get some better responses and more help wink

Don't feel that you can't post here.

SoundWave wrote:

Thanks (:
Oh and also, I wondering, when you get the cartridge to put LSDJ in, if I'm on Windows, do I just have to drag the LSDJ file into it or is the more complicated things involved?

By the Way if you have Windows 7 it will get super complicated, just saying.
Better get a PC with XP to make it fast and easy.