Milwaukee, WI

FIRST!

AMIGA RULZ!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I'M FLYING~

540, VA

omgggggg yes!!!

Iowa

Just got done listening to it and LOVE IT!

My favorites are Twenty Two, The Porcupine Paradox, Sable, and most of all Gold To Go (because it has that sweet melody from the intro in A M I G A)

Rochester, NY

how does he do it?????

so much 4matscenemusic

Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 6:52 am)

good 1 mate keep it up

Savannah, Georgia

proof that 4mat never lost it

vancouver, canada

super solid release!  when the single-channel staccato volumeslided chords came in during "Broken Song" i woke up in 1992 and decided to live there for three years.

oh hey i wanted to ask, i think i remember you writing an article/blog a few years back about emulating PWM pulse waves in protracker, but i can't for the life of me locate it.  is my memory faulty or did you in fact write it and then delete it later on or something?

Chicago IL

holy shit dude how did you do that with the WAV channel

Psydney, Australia

Is it that time again already? \o/

For me it picks up from song 3 and doesn't let go till the end. Really love this one.

Also, I see what you did there with the title, heh-heh

Psydney, Australia
bryface wrote:

super solid release!  when the single-channel staccato volumeslided chords came in during "Broken Song" i woke up in 1992 and decided to live there for three years.

oh hey i wanted to ask, i think i remember you writing an article/blog a few years back about emulating PWM pulse waves in protracker, but i can't for the life of me locate it.  is my memory faulty or did you in fact write it and then delete it later on or something?

Yeah there used to be a blog.

The most common trick on Amiga was to have several tiny loops of different PW and then just swap samples on the fly while the melody is playing.
You need protracker2.x for this as pt3 sucks balls and sadly PC trackers built upon pt3 replay-routine assuming it was most advanced. In pt3 if you swap the samplenumber on the fly it will retrigger.

You can use the same trick to control filter cutoff or pretty much anything, depending on the samples you make.

Also trash80 found a way to do it in Renoise with two triangle waves.

There were also some Fasttracker specific-tricks but I don't remember those.

Last edited by iLKke (Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am)

Sydney AUS

Nawww hell yeah, this release is really ripping. Love the little snare rolls in 'A Broken Song'.

Russian Fedration. Moscow City

YESOHMYGOD

crikey ! another ! you changed the whole colour of my day,

thank you man smile