Austin, Texas

If your SRAM loses power from the battery at any point, you will lose your save. This includes removing it to replace it.

Manchester, England

Yeah, it will, but as long as you have a back-up of your .sav file on your computer then just load it back on and you'll be fine. If the cartridge itself is corrupt, as long as you have that .sav file (and maybe a .gb file too) then just load it onto a new cartridge. Maybe this time don't search with your eyes closed and get something that isn't EMS. If you have abit of spare money to dish out for shipping, then go here - http://www.djtransformer.com/shop/produ … roduct=21. All of his other shit is, well, shit but his USB carts are surprisingly reliable. I got two a few year ago and neither of them have got faulty on me yet. I even spilled beer inside one of them this one time and it still works fine.

Austin, Texas

I'm confused… your link goes to the same EMS cart he already has, but you are suggesting he get a Non-EMS cart?

It looks like most of what he sells are EMS carts.

Manchester, England

http://www.djtransformer.com/shop/produ … product=36 I thought he meant he was using this one. It fucked up on me several times. And he still didn't reply to the question on the last page about whether or not he's using USB.

Next time I dish out advice, I'll make sure to PM you first.

Austin, Texas

I wasn't trying to be snappy or anything, I was just confused. sad

New Albany Indiana
Skin Walker wrote:

Yeah, it will, but as long as you have a back-up of your .sav file on your computer then just load it back on and you'll be fine. If the cartridge itself is corrupt, as long as you have that .sav file (and maybe a .gb file too) then just load it onto a new cartridge. Maybe this time don't search with your eyes closed and get something that isn't EMS. If you have abit of spare money to dish out for shipping, then go here - http://www.djtransformer.com/shop/produ … roduct=21. All of his other shit is, well, shit but his USB carts are surprisingly reliable. I got two a few year ago and neither of them have got faulty on me yet. I even spilled beer inside one of them this one time and it still works fine.

wait... theres a difference between usb and ems carts? mine has a usb plug in on it but i alwasys thought it was ems? difference?

Manchester, England

All I thought right was that you had a 32M Pushpin, I got confused too. Yeah just stick with the EMS, it was my mistake. But the rest of my advice is sound.

Austin, Texas
Bit wish wrote:

wait... theres a difference between usb and ems carts? mine has a usb plug in on it but i alwasys thought it was ems? difference?

EMS is a brand name (The company is HKEMS), and USB is a connectivity method/interface to flash the ROM and SRAM of the carts.

EMS is currently making the most readily available flash cart, the GB USB 64M, which has a USB interface (via COM port emulation, which has its own issues).

There have been other USB carts, such as the BleepBloop USB, and the still in-development Drag 'N Derp cart.

Most of these are not currently in production for one reason or another. I'm not entirely solid myself on the BleepBloop story.

So, it's an easy mistake to make, as the only readily available cart these days is a USB cart produced by EMS.

Manchester, England

I came here to impart wisdom, and here I am learning something. For that I thank you.

New Albany Indiana

your welcome?