Lowell

The first song I ever posted here was really well received, and not much has changed in terms of my sound but, every time I post something it gets down-voted from 5 stars to 4, to 3 and then eventually 2 or 1. I usually delete them at that point, because I'm unfortunately pretty sensitive. I don't mind if people dislike my music, but if you don't like it, why not post a comment as to why you gave it a 2?

Sorry to make this post, it's just been bugging me all day, I really thought I had something with this new song.

http://chipmusic.org/absrdst/music/myst … golden-key

anyways if you don't like it just give me some kind of critique, i dunno.

pleh, i'm depressed whatever. sorry everyone.

Boston, MA

your avatar is screenshots from rollercoaster tycoon, you're not so bad

Philly, PA, USA

You can't actually rate music, the dots are just a way to gauge interest on a song via bookmarks, comments, and listens. I'm pretty sure you can't make something go down in dots. it's just because it's getting old and fewer people are listening or commenting or something, i dunno.

The whole way the dots work isn't a rating system, more like a "this is what's hot right now"

it's kind of abstract and weird.

As for your songs, the composition is pretty good, you seem to have a pretty VGMy style which isn't tooo popular around here, but I'd say it's pretty well done.

Lowell

OH jeez i didn't understand that. I honestly thought it was a star system... my mistake yeesh that was dumb

Earth
ABSRDST wrote:

The first song I ever posted here was really well received, and not much has changed in terms of my sound but, every time I post something it gets down-voted from 5 stars to 4, to 3 and then eventually 2 or 1. I usually delete them at that point, because I'm unfortunately pretty sensitive. I don't mind if people dislike my music, but if you don't like it, why not post a comment as to why you gave it a 2?

Sorry to make this post, it's just been bugging me all day, I really thought I had something with this new song.

http://chipmusic.org/absrdst/music/myst … golden-key

anyways if you don't like it just give me some kind of critique, i dunno.

pleh, i'm depressed whatever. sorry everyone.

Don't get bummed out about the rating system. It means very little. If it's going down it means it's getting more views, but not more comments. It's hard to get noticed, that's just how it is I think. But anyway people are listening to it. Just keep putting it out there I say. But I don't know shit about being popular.

NC in the US of America

Yeah. Don't delete your stuff just because the rating goes down, anyway. You never know...

Yeah... I kind of use the, comments and the "Bookmark" and "Download" buttons as a "Thumbs up", if you will, but not everybody sees it that way, and will just be like "Hmmm. I like this. *next*" without commenting or whatever. Doesn't mean your music isn't worth something.

Lowell

yeah i'm gonna delete this, it was a useless post, im sorry again

Tulsa, OK

you are seriously one of my favorite people on here. Multiplayer is my jam.

best idea is to just work in favour of yourself as opposed to trying to impress, if you like your song it can be all that matters~
kinda of irrelevant but you seem sad, sorry to hear

Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 6:52 am)

Medina, Ohio

Man, that song is epic. It makes me wanna play jazz guitar/bass with it all big_smile

Tulsa, OK

I think the meter needs to have a better explanation up front

Unsubscribe

If you really need stats as confidence thing, try bandcamp or soundcloud. I didn't listen to your music, cause the topic is the first of heard of you and who wants to encourage that type of feedback baiting?

I like your nick though!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Didn't you just have a really awesome release?
wink

Unsubscribe

Yes I did, thanks for asking! But I'm already happy with my work and any feedback, although pleasant and welcomed, is non-essential to my continued interest and production of said work.

It sounds like the OP has some talent, but people really need to toughen up and learn to suffer indifference or negativity with a little more patience and grace. This isn't the gold star brigade, and if you guys want cm.o to become some kind of big brother/big sister after school program, its going to be a hard road for everyone.

Lowell
herr_prof wrote:

Yes I did, thanks for asking! But I'm already happy with my work and any feedback, although pleasant and welcomed, is non-essential to my continued interest and production of said work.

It sounds like the OP has some talent, but people really need to toughen up and learn to suffer indifference or negativity with a little more patience and grace. This isn't the gold star brigade, and if you guys want cm.o to become some kind of big brother/big sister after school program, its going to be a hard road for everyone.

Well said, herr. It's true.

But know that I wasn't baiting for feedback... that would be really bad. I just really didn't understand the rating system, I had no idea that's how it worked. I legitimately thought it was like an upvote downvote thing, and even if that was the case I shouldn't get all uppity about it.

Is there a way to delete threads? This is all really embarrassing.