NC in the US of America

Is the B-button supposed to BEND the pitch up? In BGB, If I hold down a note, then press A, it does a proper bend down to a fourth, but with the B button, I have to hold B, THEN tap the note for it to PLAY a note a fourth higher. If I hold down the note first, the b button does nothing. I can't make it bend up.

Is this normal?

Austin, Texas

It's doing that for me as well… also, I don't think A is a fourth—it's only a half-step bend (it flats whatever note you are playing).

Which is funny, because on a guitar you can only bend sharp—to bend flat, you have to play a pre-bent string and release the bend.

Then again, I'm pretty sure MuddyGB is basically a game boy harmonica program. I forget how bending works on harmonicas…

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 21, 2012 9:25 am)

NC in the US of America
Telerophon wrote:

It's doing that for me as well… also, I don't think A is a fourth—I only a half-step bend (it flats whatever note you are playing).

Which is funny, because on a guitar you can only bend sharp—to bend flat, you have to play a pre-bent string and release the bend.

Then again, I'm pretty sure MuddyGB is basically a game boy harmonica program. I forget how bending works on harmonicas…

U r right about the half step. I dunno what I was thinking of.

But the B does go up a fourth. It's weird. maybe they never finished implementing that. It's a ashame, because I'd love to be able to up bend.

While I'm here, I may as well ask... the latency isn't so bad on an actual gameboy, right?

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 21, 2012 12:36 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

My understanding is that muddyGB was never really completed, which is why the B button acts weird and doesn't do anything useful, and probably why it acts laggy in emulation.

There is no latency on real hardware.

NC in the US of America
kineticturtle wrote:

My understanding is that muddyGB was never really completed, which is why the B button acts weird and doesn't do anything useful, and probably why it acts laggy in emulation.

There is no latency on real hardware.

Huh. That's too bad. Too bad it wasn't open-sourced.

It's funny, before I'd heard about muddy gb, I had an idea about adding a freeplay mode to LSDJ, using the d-pad for notes, and the other buttons for other things. Then, come to find out, it's already been done.

Man... it's just that one feature missing and it'd be perfect. Oh well, I still love it.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 21, 2012 6:24 am)

Austin, Texas

MuddyGB is a great toy/small tool and runs fantastic on actual hardware.

No Page 2 is complete without it.

Riverside, CA
SketchMan3 wrote:

Too bad it wasn't open-sourced.

This x1000
There's so many cool things that can be added to muddygb.