Guess what I just picked up from a garage sale for 5 bucks?  A GAMEBOY LIGHT! big_smile NO JOKE! It even came with donkey kong land 2! Regular game-play works just fine, but I tried sliding the switch all the way to the right and... NOTHING! The light isn't working! I disassembled the gameboy to take a look at the EL screen. It looks fine to me, so i figured that the contacts were bad. I cleaned them off, but it still didn't work! Any Ideas? If you guys want pictures, I'd be happy to take some. smile
Thanks!
Oh! Also, do you guys know if it's at all possible to get a GBL battery cover? Unfortunately, this gameboy doesn't have one.

Last edited by Oboist (Jul 21, 2012 1:02 am)

NSW, Australia

Pictures would be nice also, YOU GOT A GAMEBOY LIGHT FOR 5 BUCKS!

The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

Pictures would be nice also, YOU GOT A GAMEBOY LIGHT FOR 5 BUCKS!

Ikr? It was amazing!
I'll get a few pictures smile

Here are a few pictures. I don't know what good they would do, but if you wanna see the inside of a GBL, well, here ya go.

Everything:

The buttons aren't in this picture for some reason...lol

Here is the EL screen:

And here's the motherboard:

Abandoned on Fire

Try cleaning out the power switch with some spray contact cleaner.  Also check that the pads for the EL actually have current to them with a meter.  The first thing that comes to mind is that the conductors in the screen may have been cracked... nothing you can do about that tho.  sad

New Albany Indiana

*pulls trigger*

Toronto

man, you're never going to get a battery cover for that. that's basically the only problem with lights in general. i got a light for $15, and nothing. i've looked around for a while for replacements, and i haven't found a single thing.

Last edited by QueenOfTulips (Jul 21, 2012 4:28 pm)

It would be really cool if kitsch made a GBP replacement case that was for pockets and it supported AA batteries - extended life for normal pockets, and it could comfortably hold and power GBPL's.