Sydney AUS
DataFix wrote:
pixls wrote:

Surprised Kplecraft wasn't the first response. they got that shit on lock.

this was my first thought too. hahaha.

Oh man, they killed it at Blip Tokyo last year.

Chicago IL, USA

If you've played brass instruments, didgeridoo is kind of a similar technique. One of my good friends' aunt is a professional didgeridoo maker who lives on a boat in California, so I played quite a lot while under the influence of various things at his house. She made a didgeridoo for Bjork and Robin Williams, can't remember who else.

Long Beach, CA

I've constructed and learned how to play my own PVC didge!

ctrix ?

matt's mind

does this include the art of circular breathing?

if not i can 'play' one...  without circular breath its really not the same though.  that is so weird, even trying it is uncomfortable in a way.

Philadelphia

I'd like to see a didgeridoo, hang drum, chiptune combo. Now that would be something.

Unsubscribe

Also Colon Pipe Krew

Chicago IL
SadPanda wrote:

One of my good friends' aunt is a professional didgeridoo maker who lives on a boat in California, so I played quite a lot while under the influence of various things at his house. She made a didgeridoo for Bjork and Robin Williams, can't remember who else.

i'd like to nominate this for cool story of the year, bro

Sweden

Chantal Goret

.FILTHadelphia

Didgeridon't.

Paso del Rey, Argentina

I have some didjs. I built some of them myself (it is not difficult at all). I even include it in a song (not chip, but experimental).

http://ia700801.us.archive.org/7/items/ … /01Jes.mp3

However I cannot do circular breathing. It is a nice instrument, but one should spend time in developing skills with it. By the way, there are lots of things appart from "circular breathing" to master the didj. Also, though it is better to master the technique, there are guys who play really well and donĀ“t do circular breathing.

Sydney, NSW

I've got the didge-playing thing all sorted out (except circular breathing, almost there on that one) - being abbo, my dad pretty much encourages it more than anything else I've done tongue

I was actually joking to my sis a while ago about didge+chip. Looks like it's already been done/though of!

infradead wrote:

anolog FM at its finest.

Aah, that's a cool way to think about it! (especially since I have a perpetual fm synthesis boner)

kitsch wrote:

without circular breath its really not the same though.  that is so weird, even trying it is uncomfortable in a way.

True true. It does help your breathing though. And with a good solid breath, you can get a good two minutes-ish out of it. I think I reached three once, on a single breath. It's not a constant perpetual motion, as you might think.

For anyone that wants to give it a go, it's almost like keeping a bit of breath in your cheeks. when you run out of breath you compress your cheeks and push this little burst of air out, while taking a breath through your nose and starting the cycle again. It's an incredibly cool technique, one that takes a lot of practice.

Victory Road wrote:

if you ever come to sydney there are always dudes down in circular quay playing didge to psy/goa/illbient backing tracks. it's great.

Hell yeah! Circular Quay is chock-full of those kinds of busking acts. I remember hearing a few back when I was, like, 10yrs old or something. The wonky sound of the didge fits perfectly with a lot of psytrancey stuff.

wandering genie wrote:

one should spend time in developing skills with it. By the way, there are lots of things appart from "circular breathing" to master the didj.

True. you should get the lip movement down-pat before anything, it's pretty much paramount. Circular breathing is pretty low on the priorities list.

NC in the US of America

Wow! So positive. ^_^

When I was a kid I used to try to use the circular breathing technique before I even knew it was a thing, lol.

Just tried it for a few minutes... I can actually keep a stream of air constantly going, but it decreases a lot when get to the "inhale+deflate cheeks" part. big_smile It's fun! Gonna have to go look up some youtube tuts on didgin' (Is it wrong to say it like that?).

Can you didge through a paper-towel tube?

Milwaukee, WI

I play trumpet and I can circular breathe.  I'm great.

NC in the US of America
Theta_Frost wrote:

I play trumpet and I can circular breathe.  I'm great.

Sweet! That must be pretty difficult.

Looks like this thread has run it's course.

Gosford, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:

Looks like this thread has run it's course.

wait wait wait i made this last night ahaha