NC in the US of America
Victory Road wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Looks like this thread has run it's course.

wait wait wait i made this last night ahaha

Nail -> Coffin

lol j/k

Hmm. It sounds very difficult to do well.

Some of your "barks" were cool (forgive me if those weren't barks. My extent of didgeridoo vocabulary is limited to a short feature on a PBS Kids show).

Seriously, though, I need to start paying more attention to where everybody's from. Cool accent, man. Surprised me.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Surprised me as well. One thing I forget to factor in when imagining people on the internet is their accents. Unless they're Russian.

I enjoyed your playing as well as the witty banter.

Gosford, Australia

yo it clearly says australia under my avatar, did you expect me to sound like steve irwin or something?

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

No. I always knew you were from Australia, I just never thought to imagine an accent. It's just something that slips your mind. tongue
Maybe now I'll here your voice in my head.

Gosford, Australia

haha yeah i guess that makes sense
i always imagine people talking with your funny foreign person accents and they're great

Chicago IL, USA
Saskrotch wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

One of my good friends' aunt is a professional didgeridoo maker who lives on a boat in California, so I played quite a lot while under the influence of various things at his house. She made a didgeridoo for Bjork and Robin Williams, can't remember who else.

i'd like to nominate this for cool story of the year, bro

I hope I win this year.

Riverside, CA

Can I sample parts of this for a song on Weekly Beats?

edit: don't know how to read apparently.

Last edited by The Silph Scope (Jul 25, 2012 8:39 am)

Gosford, Australia

reading is fun!

Gosford, Australia

necrobump, but does anyone still have that didge demo of mine on their computer? i need it but don't have it anymore.

Last edited by Victory Road (Aug 4, 2013 1:31 pm)

KC

not straight chip but still good. although I hear he use some chip in his music and it wouldn't surprise me at all anyway

aphex twin wins

http://youtu.be/AAkFBQ6sIcc

Canada

I've been playing the didgeridoo for years. If anyone wants to send me a track I'll didgeri on it for sure. Circular breathing, animal calls, ta-ta-ka's, the whole shebang.
I have one in Db and E I think.

did this I think in grade 12 :s. don't judge. The didgeridoo is pretty much throughout. Some of the louder stuff is at the end.
http://www.last.fm/music/Matthew+Janik/ … r+Thoughts

Last edited by Jansaw (Aug 4, 2013 4:43 pm)

matt's mind

^ how did you learn?  i have access to one, tried it for a little bit, got frustrated by the circular breathing bit and walked away.

never found good resources, albeit this was probably over 10 years ago now

Canada

This video moves pretty quickly, but this is exactly how I learnt circular breathing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-LMiZHWdbU

Using a straw and a cup of water (I think) is the best way. That's just for circular breathing, though. In terms of making a sound on the didgeridoo, it's like playing a trumpet, but with looser lips... like a tuba or baritone. Also it's like making a horse noise with your lips. Just practice making a tone with the didgeridoo, and run out of breath doing it. Then practice the circular breathing technique above. It took me a while, but I thought it was the coolest shit imaginable. I'm sure there are better tutorials out there, but It'll come to you eventually:)

Last edited by Jansaw (Aug 4, 2013 4:59 pm)

i can circular breath and make some funky animal noises/yelps smile

Chicago IL
Grymmtymm wrote:

not straight chip but still good. although I hear he use some chip in his music and it wouldn't surprise me at all anyway

aphex twin wins

http://youtu.be/AAkFBQ6sIcc

It isn't chip at all. And other than a couple tracks off of melodies from mars (which was unreleased) he doesn't do anything chip related.

Which is fine, it's just aphex twin has been around for way too long for people to "hear" he does chip.

Last edited by Saskrotch (Aug 5, 2013 7:43 am)

NC in the US of America
Victory Road wrote:

necrobump, but does anyone still have that didge demo of mine on their computer? i need it but don't have it anymore.

I might have downloaded it way back but I'm not sure... I'll check tomorrow on my other computer. No promises though.