canada

http://www.noisechannel.org/posts/7512

"We’ve launched the beta version of our shop. We are offering NeX issue MidiBoys and ArduinoBoys. Supplies are extremely limited. PayPal is accepted."

Noichan just launched its store. Here you'll find various Nex built products like Midiboys, arduinoboys, custom Gameboy pockets and so on.

View the store for yourself here.

~noichan crew

Last edited by wailord (Jul 25, 2012 9:53 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

The day after I order an arduinoboy kit from Meow. lol

Gosford, Australia

$400 midiboys :V

the arduinoboys are pretty clever though!

shanghai

pro  shit no doubt. but $400 bucks ? i hope there's people out there with more cash than me or you ain't selling a thing lol

NC in the US of America

Man, I thought I was being funny when I told my mom "people overprice their, then slash the price to make it seem like you're getting a good deal"... lol.

Didn't think the price slash would come "so soon".

Looks like some cool stuff in there.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 25, 2012 8:23 am)

I had contacted Nex a long time ago about a custom midiboy, he was charging $235 back then (gameboy, MIDI in/out, prosounded). Hence me getting a Loomis customboy and Arduinoboy instead. tongue

canada
SketchMan3 wrote:

Man, I thought I was being funny when I told my mom "people overprice their, then slash the price to make it seem like you're getting a good deal"... lol.

The price slashes were there by default before we launched the store. we didn't actually slash the price.

NC in the US of America
wailord wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

The price slashes were there by default before we launched the store. we didn't actually slash the price.

My point exactly. ;D

Hope you didn't think I'm trying to bash or anything. I think I have a vague understanding of what's up with the prices. I forgot to put in the *winky face* smiley. Woops.

I'm not one to talk cuz I'm broke as anyway... Good luck with your store. I wish you all the best. smile

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 25, 2012 8:29 am)

Riverside, CA

Almost $500 for a midi gameboy?
:V :V :V :V :V :V :V

Last edited by The Silph Scope (Jul 25, 2012 8:44 am)

sorry about the prices guys, i wish it was more obvious how hard i worked on these things. they do come with lots of little bits like biverted screen and pitchbend etc, but i will make some budget midiboys and hopefully they will be within people's price range.

i am basically spending every spare second i have between work and sleeping, building these things, its kinda gone from a fun hobby to being forced to make them because no one else does.

Those arduinoboys are nice though. I wish I could fit my PCB in a dmg07.

Unsubscribe

Do the midiboys have the ftdi pin so you can update/modify the code?

UK

What are the benefits about having a 'midiboy'?

Is the price '$389.99/£252' really justified? If so, can you explain why it adds to this amount even with all the additions it has with it. Crazy price imo.

Last edited by CS (Jul 25, 2012 8:41 pm)

canada
herr_prof wrote:

I'll have to let Nex answer that.

CS wrote:

Is the price '$389.99/£252' really justified? If so, can you explain why it adds to this amount even with all the additions it has with it. Crazy price imo.

A midiboy is a gameboy with an Arduinoboy built right into the shell. the benefit is that you can sync the gameboy with midi devices.

As Nex's last post states, he put a lot of time and effort into these and they are very high quality products.

Last edited by wailord (Jul 25, 2012 9:18 pm)

Bristol, UK

I think the price is totally justified. If the battery compartment was sacrificed then i'd expect the price to be way lower but it's not so I think that's a fair price for the amount of time and knowledge that must have gone into making them.

UK
wailord wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I'll have to let Nex answer that.

CS wrote:

A midiboy is a gameboy with an Arduinoboy built right into the shell. the benefit is that you can sync the gameboy with midi devices.

As Nex's last post states, he put a lot of time and effort into these and they are very high quality products.

Cool, interesting info - thanks.