Serious Question.

Thoughts?

.FILTHadelphia

Chip music.

F'real though, didn't know it was dead.

BOSTON

probably me. sorry guys.

lolusa

Unless you had a crew that lived and breathed the promotion of a monthly show, it seems inevitable that groups of people are going to branch out and live their own lives. right?

Austin, Texas

Note to self: Always put "on the real" in the subject line or literal conversation segue whenever discussing scene gossip.

For real, though, it'd be cool to know what happened. We haven't had a monthly show in Austin in a couple years. hmm

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 26, 2012 12:46 am)

Unsubscribe
SKGB wrote:

Serious Question.

Thoughts?

Your fat face

Unsubscribe

Also who says its dead? Pulsewave is tied into the Tank, so once the Tank home sitchu is more clear things should get back on track for the fall. That is if NYC even needs an event like Pulsewave anymore.

So if you really miss pulsewave, maybe ask about putting together a pulsewave of your own?

Tokyo, Japan

Is the tank on the move again?

Austin, Texas
herr_prof wrote:

So if you really miss pulsewave, maybe ask about putting together a pulsewave of your own?

Start a rival event to Pulsewave, and walk right up to it in the school cafeteria while wearing your leather jacket and shades (even though that's against dress code!!) and then take a big bite out of its brownie (the only good thing from the school cafeteria!!)

After that, it'll be so pissed that it will break its vow to its mom never to fight and it will come back in full force just to show you what's up.

And then you will have two awesome monthly shows!

This plan is flawless.

Chicago IL

It kind of makes sense, I mean, how long has it been going on? the farthest back i can find info on is 2007, but i know they've been going on longer than that. so we should assume that there's been at least 80 of them. And each month is curated by a different person, so after a while I'm guessing people lost interest in putting all the work into getting one together, especially cause (at least it seemed) that less and less people were showing up, in favor of I/O.

Unsubscribe

For the most part, the same people who went to Pulsewave went to I/0 imo. Pulsewave started March of 2006.

There was never a mad rush to curate a pulsewave ever really, but I think people people did it cause they wanted to play some-day themselves. Not it syndrome eventually takes everyone out of the picture. Another difficulty was the every changing scenery at the tank and the sometime unpredictable state of the backline (which is why some of the bigger chip acts in nyc stopped playing pulsewave). The biggest problem right now besides the lack of capable and interested curators is probably the lack of suitable venues for weekend all ages chip nights. Your favorite venue probably hates chiptune.

Fun Fact: It almost died in the Fall of 2007 before the huge influx of kids after the 2nd blip gave it a big jolt that lasted another 2 years or so. I also think a big factor was a bunch of regular fans graduated into 21+ clubs and moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn, and less of the universal draws would commit to propping up shows where they didn't get a show experience they felt they deserve.

Godzilladelph

wow! that's really good to hear! your knowledge on the subject is fucking awesome, and I seriously respect ya'll for doing such a strange thing in such a cutthroat town

Last edited by SKGB (Jul 26, 2012 7:34 am)

Godzilladelph

just as a fan of pulsewave, I'd seriously like to know what's going on. Maybe some announcements or email blasts regarding pulsewave news would be nice.

Could ya'll please keep your fans in the loop?

Unsubscribe

Im not currently involved in pw, but I'll pass the thread along.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

GIANT BEES

Godzilladelph
herr_prof wrote:

Im not currently involved in pw, but I'll pass the thread along.

thank you!