Fargo

This can be an "all things Olympics" thread.  Feel free to post about anything involving the games.

I'm interested to know a few specific things, personally:

1) From our English members, what are some of the weird/strange things tourists say or do during this overabundance of people from all areas?  I'm sure it has to be chaotic and quite comical.

2) What are you interested in or excited about watching?   

3) Are any of you going to attend?  Tell us your stories!

Austin, Texas

Is the Olympics a sports thing?

detroit

badminton)))

New York

creepy...puppet face...things

New York

and this:

wtf

Fargo
Parallelis wrote:

and this:

wtf

What in the hell is that?  It looks like a baby with boobs.  I guess I'm about to see it for myself.  I'm on the west coast in the US at the moment, so the opening ceremonies are just starting for us.

Forest Maze

There's more than one sport worth watching?

Fargo
NUCLACE wrote:

There's more than one sport worth watching?

Not with pants like that, there's not.  All my attention is drawn to those pants.

New York
Krubbz wrote:
NUCLACE wrote:

Not with pants like that, there's not.  All my attention is drawn to those pants.

Pantsathalon 2012 Gold Medalists

uhajdafdfdfa

wooo ! come on cavendish and wiggo in the road race and time trial respectively...... the only events i really care about

and they are later TODAY!!!

the opening ceremony was pretty alright, better than expected

1) sexy olympics dickl men
big girls

Chicago IL

i love the olympics cause a lot of times i need a reason to not turn on my tv for like a month

Fargo
Saskrotch wrote:

i love the olympics cause a lot of times i need a reason to not turn on my tv for like a month

It sure is overwhelming.  I'd agree with that much.  There are a select few things that I'd really like to see.  I was interested in seeing the opening ceremonies, but they haven't really impressed me as much as I thought they would.  I didn't really care for the literature or information age skits.  They were just too long, and I lost interest.  Interestingly enough, they chose to honor JK Rowling as a great British author, but not J.R.R Tolkien.  I did love the Chariots of Fire bit with Rowan Atkinson though.

NC in the US of America

All the stuff I want to see they don't show on TV sad

A gray world of dread

I like the olympics because it throws the UK into a hefty debt, allows them to move in the military, mount missile launchers on private homes, arrest people who committed thoughtcrime and sweep the streets clean of homeless and hookers. Finally the UK authorities can be the dicks they always wanted to be.

Last edited by µB (Jul 28, 2012 8:35 am)

Parallelis wrote:

2) baby jesus rise from the grave, show us the lighrt alrmighty lrd