ohio gozaimasu

As some of you might have noticed, there is a surprisingly large amount of younger artists coming into the chiptune scene nowadays; artists that were not subjected to 8-bit music at a young age. This makes for an interesting blend of ideas that delves further into the chiptune genre.

I feel a compilation is in order.

If you are around or under the age of 18, send an email to [email protected]; show the chiptune community what the younger generation is made of!

Since there aren't too many younger chip artists, I won't have that much room to be picky. So go ahead and send me your stuff, what do you have to lose?

I do want original tracks, but if you feel it is some of your best stuff, go ahead and reuse a track. I can be flexible with due dates, so no stress smile

Last edited by Cooshinator (Sep 17, 2012 12:18 am)

Chicago IL, USA

Cool idea, but I think even 18 probably had experiences involving SNES/Genesis/GBC, they were still kind of around til like '98. this would be awesome in like 5 years when it gets to kids born in the 2000's who definitely did not grow up with it at all, or at least another one should be done then.

Melbourne, AU
SadPanda wrote:

Cool idea, but I think even 18 probably had experiences involving SNES/Genesis/GBC, they were still kind of around til like '98. this would be awesome in like 5 years when it gets to kids born in the 2000's who definitely did not grow up with it at all, or at least another one should be done then.

Depends on the person really. I'm 19 and never had any of that cool shit growing up.

17 here and spent most of my developmental years on a GBC with Pokemon Gold. It doesnt influence my music really, but I "get" it smile

Austin, Texas

Yeah, my flagship DMG is the one with my name in sharpie on the back from age 4. smile

brooklyn
SadPanda wrote:

yup 18 here, even though I grew up on GBC and N64, I always had friends with older siblings who had SNES and Genesis, so I played them all a decent amount.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

You young whippersnappers. . .
Get a job!

Philadelphia

All of you younger guys are better than me. #negaswag

brooklyn
Auxcide wrote:

Get a job!

for the record, I have two jobs and school. so. hay...

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Calling all young kids wif pix.

plz send pix.

Kedromelon wrote:
Auxcide wrote:

Get a job!

for the record, I have two jobs and school. so. hay...

Oh now you're just showing off. . . wink

California

Student is an occupation, isn't it? Occupation = job, right? So student = job?

In my day, we didn't have fancy young'n compilations, we were fightin' in the war

Anyway, good luck on this, it's an interesting premise.

Los Angeles, CA

Does turning 20 on Monday make me too old?

......                je mappelle is young enough to participate               ...............

might | maybe do song for eooeeoeo

Medina, Ohio
Je Mappelle wrote:

......                je mappelle is young enough to participate               ...............

might | maybe do song for eooeeoeo

Super big_smile