Baton Rouge, LA

Ok. First off, if there is already a thread on this please direct me to it. I've tried multiple searches and all i really ever get is transferring from smart card to PC. I need to know the opposite.  I wrote some stuff on my computer using LSDJ, before i got the cartridge. Then when the cartridge arrived I began to compose on the gameboy. Now i want what i wrote on the computer on my gameboy. I'm hesitant to try without some concrete info. I'm afraid if i transfer my pc save to the smart card it will erase what i have on the gameboy. Please and thank you.

NC in the US of America

Use lsd manager to extract the songs on your pc sav as .lsdsng files.

Transfer the sav from your cartridge onto your computer.

Use lsd manager to import the .lsdsng files to the sav that you transfered from your cartridge.

Transfer the sav on your computer to your cartridge.

Others will come with the links and everything. I'm pretty sure there's a sticky, or doesn't the official LSDJ website have links to a wiki showing how you should do this?

Baton Rouge, LA

Awesome. Sounds easy enough. Now that you mention it, I didn't even think to look at LSDJwiki. Duh.

Thanks.

I actually downloaded what i think is lsdmanager but it's contents were a bunch of CLASS files. I'll look some more.

NC in the US of America

It's a java program. You have to run it, not extract it.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 28, 2012 4:56 am)

Are you using lsdj v3 or higher ? (just asking, because that's required to use the manager)

Which smart cart do you have? If you send me both the computer and gameboy saves, I will gladly merge them for you

Baton Rouge, LA

I am  using v4. I got LSDManager to work. I am quickly learning the do's and don'ts of transferring songs on computer. While testing savs here and there I deleted my PC sav.  It seems every time i run LSDJ on BGB emulator, it automatically creates a new .sav file. Somewhere in the mix I think it overwrote my original sav. I did get the song from my gameboy to my PC. I had to designate a new folder just for the .sav and the .gb.

Everytime I want to save a song (or block of songs depending on the file) to the PC, do always have to have a .gb file of the same name paired with the sav? For example..
Folder 1 -> Project1.gb, Project1.sav
Folder 2 -> Project2.gb, Project2.sav
Folder 3 -> Project3.gb, Project3.sav

I know that for each save I can have multiple songs within said sav. The above is for explanation.

Also, while i'm here, is it possible to take one .lsdsng and merge it with another .lsdsng making it one song?
Example; I composed an intro on the PC, then later did the rest of the song on GB. Can I make the two one or is it just a simple case of re-composing on preferred hardware?

Last edited by killedatschool (Jul 28, 2012 3:13 pm)

You can open up another battery file in whatever emulator you are on. When you open a Rom in most emulators it creates a sav of the same name. Change the settings to not auto create the file. An then manually open the save you want each time you run it. The default file it will create ha the exact same name as the Rom you open.

NC in the US of America

I never thought of using multiple copies of renamed lsdj.gb's to use multiple saves. Huh. Does that work?

Yeah, make sure you make a backup copy of the sav your copy from your Cart before you start messing with it in lsdmanager.