uhajdafdfdfa

well time trial on wednesday and then i can forget about the olympics

Harrisonburg, Virginia
ant1 wrote:

i saw TEJAY VAN GARDEREN attack today and i would guess DAVE ZABRISKIE would be in the time trial. not sure outside of that. america is not really a great cycling nation apart from the obvious exception. wink) but tejay looks like a bright hope for the future

congratulations vinikourov

I didn't see that today. sad Pissed. Was Pinot in the road race today?

Sydney, NSW

It is the year of our lord 2012 AD, and McDonalds is the biggest sponsor of the Olympic Games.

I think we've finally reached the point where satire doesn't need a punchline.

uhajdafdfdfa
Russellian wrote:
ant1 wrote:

i saw TEJAY VAN GARDEREN attack today and i would guess DAVE ZABRISKIE would be in the time trial. not sure outside of that. america is not really a great cycling nation apart from the obvious exception. wink) but tejay looks like a bright hope for the future

congratulations vinikourov

I didn't see that today. sad Pissed. Was Pinot in the road race today?

didn't see him. wikipedia says the french team will bourgain, gallopin, demare and chavanel, with chavanel in the time trial too. sad that VOECKLER my french hero was not at the olympics i suppose.

nice to see some more cycling fans at cm.o >:)

edit: i must say the BBC coverage of the race was appaling. no time gaps shown, no idea who any of the riders were, hugh porter the commentator getting everything wrong. and at the end the pundits and interviewers wouldn't shut up about how no one had helped team GB (well duuhhhhh, every country had a man in the break), even asking the winner why everyone was against GB - like he cares. and after that they switched focus and wouldn't shut up about vinikourov's drugs ban. would they have done the same for dave millar (or in other events, christine ohoruogu)? horrible

i just hope they aren't like this for every event we don't win.

edit 2: i feel really sorry for cancellara now... crashing in the world champs, crashing out of paris-roubaix breaking his shoulder, and now crashing in the olympic road race sad and they showed about a minute of him crying into someone's shoulder after the race was over. poor guy

Last edited by ant1 (Jul 29, 2012 1:29 am)

Fargo
Chainsaw Police wrote:

It is the year of our lord 2012 AD, and McDonalds is the biggest sponsor of the Olympic Games.

All they need is a drum fill after each ad.

Brunswick, GA USA
Chainsaw Police wrote:

After what was a US prime time replay of the swimming events, not less than six commercials featuring the gold medal winner were aired, clearly prepared before the games began.

At the end of the broadcast was a message reminding that the broadcast belongs to the IOC, proving beyond any doubt that all that world peace though sport stuff is tripe and the only point of the games is to make money.

Last edited by chunter (Jul 29, 2012 1:04 pm)

its true olympic football is a fixed event its true guys heard here first

Harrisonburg, Virginia

ant1, did you watch the women's road race today? That was a...boring finish. XD

i watched last night.  it was really good.

Austin, Texas
ant1 wrote:

nice to see some more cycling fans at cm.o

Cycling is the sport it is ok for nerds to like.

Seriously, myself and one other guy were the only Liberal Arts majors on my college team.

Everyone else was an engineer.

Russellian wrote:

ant1, did you watch the women's road race today? That was a...boring finish.

Did Julie Krasniak race this year? Because :3 :3 :3

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 29, 2012 3:24 pm)

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Telerophon wrote:

Did Julie Krasniak race this year? Because :3 :3 :3

I guess not. She's not on the Olympics site roster for the race. hmm

Austin, Texas

Bummer. sad

I mean, for real though. :3

On that note, I really hope this thread digresses into a puerile discussion of who the cutest female olympians are.

uhajdafdfdfa

i think chris froome is prety cute

edit: my favv female athlete is darya domracheva but she does biathlon a winter sport so we dont get to see her this olympics Boo HOo

Last edited by ant1 (Jul 29, 2012 7:39 pm)

Fargo
Telerophon wrote:

On that note, I really hope this thread digresses into a puerile discussion of who the cutest female olympians are.

Lauren Perdue is quite the bodacious babe.

Austin, Texas
ant1 wrote:

i think chris froome is prety cute

He's quite the handsome fellow. smile

I apologize for the implicit heteronormativity and androcentrism of my prior remark.

Feel free to derail the Olympics thread with schoolchild admirations of any athlete!

Melbourne, AU

I don't even care that she's not even in the Olympics this year.