San Francisco

I am looking to find some rad Mods. I have been really inspired by the Amiaga's sound capabilities and am on the search for examples that meet my taste.
Most of what I have been finding sounds like super cheesy 90's breaks, techno, and or funky jazzy shizz.

I was wondering if you guys could suggests anything more dark and serious sounding or cinematic in nature? dare i say even.... sad sounding? The things i have been finding are way over the top whimsical or cliche boss music.

any help?

Boulder, CO

The Shadow of the Beast series for Amiga had a lot of good music.

Abandoned on Fire

I haven't been able to get the actual mods but this is some of my favorite Amiga stuff that is dark/heavy without being completely over the top with breaks and core-ness:  http://dantejones.bandcamp.com/album/high-on-hate

Joliette, QC, Canada

http://amp.dascene.net/downmod.php?index=19740

NC in the US of America

The "Lyle in Cube Sector" soundtrack has some cool mods.
Edit: Don't know about the "Amiga" part, though...

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 30, 2012 6:22 am)

Bratislava, Slovakia

I like orchestral tracks from Raphael Gesqua (Audiomonster), also from game Flashback, some darker tracks from Dungeon Master 2 (Allister Brimble), or DreamWeb. And ofcourse Shadow of the Beast series is legendary smile

England

maybe you can track down some of eddie svard's amiga stuff?

my brother (joss manley) makes a lot of autechre sounding amiga music as well.

Jesper Kyd did a load of industrial stuff like 'Hardwired'.

Bratislava, Slovakia

I forgot to mention that one, it was great track, AFAIK it was at max VBLANK speed possible in PT (one pattern per 4 seconds perhaps) smile

hardcore, Australia

There was this site about that was full of heavy/dark MOD and IT files, i grabbed a few off it but can't find it now.

New York City
Jellica wrote:

WHAT Eddie Svard Amiga stuff? Never knew he did any. If he did, I'll ask him.

Amiga music doesn't get sadder than this, though:

England

haha hopefully i didnt make that up! he gave me some links to his own C64 recordings and there was some amiga stuff there as well but i didnt download any of it.

Joliette, QC, Canada

wink

São Paulo, Brazil
Jellica wrote:

my brother (joss manley) makes a lot of autechre sounding amiga music as well.

cool, didn't know he was your brother. love his amiga stuff.