Austin, TX

Hey, everyone! Just thought I would post a little note to say that I released the cooperative audio+visual program "TRACK+FEEL II" for NES earlier this week. The download link is http://femicom.org/articles/download-trackfeelii.php. The game is best played with two players on an NES using a standard controller in the P1 port and a Power Pad dance mat in the P2 port, but you can also play in an emulator. (See the readme for details.)

Someone posted a gameplay video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK9piGRN6tM. The user applied some Game Genie hacks, though it's hard to tell what kind of damage they did wink.

Anyway, hope you enjoy playing/remixing/destroying this free ROM release! xoxox, PT!H!

=====================

From the readme.txt:

;;    _.-~-._.-~-._.-~-._.-~-._   
;;                                 
;;       ABOUT TRACK+FEEL II       
;;                                 
;;    ~-._.-~-._.-~-._.-~-._.-~   

TRACK+FEEL II is a cooperative, interactive, glitch-art installation for play on the Nintendo Entertainment System. The custom software is controlled by a standard Nintendo controller and a Nintendo Power Pad mat controller. Two or more players must work together to discover the rules of the "game" as well as its goal. Some players may wish to minimize visual or aural disorder, while others may wish to maximize it. TRACK+FEEL II aims to present glitches and generative chaos as tools of construction rather than destruction. It is inspired by audiovisual experiences in chiptune performances and the collaborative, friendly interaction they inspire.

TRACK+FEEL II was installed at the Platform Centre in Winnipeg, MB from June 21-July 28, 2012 as part of an art exhibition titled "Reset: Post-Consumer Gamer Culture."

detroit

groovy!!

new jersey

Is there any video of people using the hardware setup? Anything shot at your Juegos Rancheros event?
Looks rad!

Austin, Texas

I'm glad to see you've put this out, it's always been a blast to play with it when you have it set up. smile

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

This is awesome AND I saw it featured on indiegames.com so super congrats!

Boston, MA

wow this is awesome!

Boston, MA

marry me?

Austin, TX

Thanks, everyone! I haven't seen any gameplay video from the Juegos Rancheros event. It was pretty dark, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any.

However, the Austin Chronicle did a story and took this photo of the hardware setup in my "office." You can spot the title screen on the left monitor (and a big stash of Sailor Moon manga behind me...!)

link to the article? thanks.

Wow, really cool! Would love to see it in action when someone is on a power pad, haha smile

Austin, Texas
Battle Lava wrote:

link to the article? thanks.

Here you go:

8-Bit Artisan: Party Time! Hexcellent! brings people together by getting closer to the machine

EDIT: I still have paper copies of this issue sitting around my house, haha.

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 1, 2012 10:29 pm)

Austin, TX

Oh, yup, that's it. (Also, I'm pretty sure there's a weird misquote of me saying that there aren't 8-bit processors or assembly anymore or something...? There are totally still all those things.)

cool. thanks.

austin, tx

hey everyone, so I actually have some video footage of people playing the game!

it's from juegos rancheros, and it's pretty dark and the audio is pretty mediocre, but the game is super cool!

i'll upload some and post them soon.

austin, tx

okay, so here is a bunch of rough footage strung together for like 6 minutes.

I'm planning on using some of this as b-roll for a documentary in the near future, but for now it's just raw stuff to look at. right now youtube is still uploading it, but it should be live in about 5 to 10 minutes:

http://youtu.be/FPJVita6GtA

new jersey
chalkboards wrote:

okay, so here is a bunch of rough footage strung together for like 6 minutes.

I'm getting a "removed by the user" sad faced error. Maybe give it another upload? Looking forward to it!