Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I whipped up this video for fun a few weeks ago and decided to go ahead and publish it today. This is my previously unreleased cover of "King of Wishful Thinking" by Go West. For the video, I used a few rounds of batch processing to get a result that looks a bit like a Game Boy Camera version of the original music video. I first edited the original video for speed and length, then exported each frame into a folder. I used batch processing to reduce the size of each to match the resolution of the Game Boy Camera, then reduced the colors, etc. before using nearest-neighbor upscaling to bring the frames up to 1080p resolution with a frame and border to preserve the aspect ratio.

My processing was based on this link but with the correct starting size of 128x112: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8990180

Geneva, NY

This is hilarious!

The Bronx

Cute! I just wish that you'd gotten rid of the VH1 logo; it's distracting. Oh, and I didn't see the elephant wearing a headdress! I'm glad the Pope John Paul II impersonator is gone, though. That was just embarrassing.

NC in the US of America

Lol, I likey. Looks like something that'd be on one of those little VideoNow thingies. I wonder how it would look at half frame-rate.

big_smile

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
bleo wrote:

This is hilarious!

Thanks! I wanted to do something a little more lighthearted for a change.

minusbaby wrote:

Cute! I just wish that you'd gotten rid of the VH1 logo; it's distracting. Oh, and I didn't see the elephant wearing a headdress! I'm glad the Pope John Paul II impersonator is gone, though. That was just embarrassing.

Ah yeah. I considered removing it but it would have meant either a pretty lengthy manual process or cropping it out of the frame along with a large portion of the video. My cover didn't include the bridge since it didn't translate well, so most of that part of the video got cut out (including the elephant). I wanted to make sure to match up the vocal melody in the song to the video. wink

SketchMan3 wrote:

Lol, I likey. Looks like something that'd be on one of those little VideoNow thingies. I wonder how it would look at half frame-rate.

Ha, I can see that. I thought about adjusting frame-rate but didn't want to create any weirdness between the movement in the video and rhythm of the song.

Thanks for watching! smile

Utah

Clutch. Thanks for sharing.

Planet Zaxxon

I DIG IT.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
The Laohu wrote:

Clutch. Thanks for sharing.

O2star wrote:

I DIG IT.

Thank you both! smile

The New City of York