NC in the US of America

Okay, so... I use BGB through Wine on a Linux machine. A friend of mine uses KiGB and VBA on a Mac.

I'm trying to send him a custom-named lsdj.sav I created in bgb for him to look at in KiGB or VBA. Now, I know that the proper way to do this is to put the sav file in whatever the programs "battery save" directory is. For KiGB it's kigb/save" and for VBA... I'm not really sure. I use GVBAM, which just saves them in the "/username/.config/gvbam" directory.

So, my friend located where his .savs go for both programs, we renamed "lsdj.gb" to "lsdj_customname.gb" to coincide with the "lsdj_customname.sav" file I had sent him, he loaded the rom, but it just didn't load anything. I even loaded it up in VBA and created a ".sgm" save state for him to load into VBA, and it still didn't work.

What are we doing wrong?

sweden

"import battery file" in VBA.

NC in the US of America

Ah, see, VBA-M doesn't even have that option, so I never would have known it was there in VBA. While this may solve the problem, If anyone else has any ideas, let me know. I need as much as I can take.

Try mednafen in mac. It is awesome!

NC in the US of America

Import Battery File doesn't exist on the Mac version, apparently. This whole thing is very silly. It should work with just dragging and dropping it into the appropriate "battery save" folder.

You don't have to do all of naming stuff. that's just a quick way to get stuff to auto load in emulators. if you wanted to go that route, try to find the save from a blank lsdj save, then rename the filled save to the newly saved blank (that loads blank again) and replace the file.

The load battery file may be named something different, what loading options do the other emulators have?