Texas

I ran into this post, but it didn't quite answer my question. I am trying to prepare for doing live shows and want to have a small list of songs to chose from. Trouble is that it seems like I can only restore a full SAV dump. So if I'm not careful, I could end up with songs form different SAVs that I want to bring together into one cartridge. Is there any way to do that?

The alternative might be to have 1 cartridge per song (or per show) but that seems expensive and wasteful. Any other ideas?

P.S. For the curious, yes, I'm still working on my rackmount ArduinoBoy. Boards are in the mail so I hope to assemble everything next week and see how it goes (I'll update the post about the subject then).

Madison, Alabama

You want the LSDJ manager.  http://code.google.com/p/lsdmanager/

Let's you add and remove individual songs from a .sav as you please.  Super useful.

Chicago IL

come on now

NC in the US of America

LSDManager allows you to extract individual songs from a lsdj.sav file that's on your computer, and then load them into another lsdj.sav file.

Utah
Saskrotch wrote:

come on now

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwjeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

NC in the US of America

http://littlesounddj.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Sound_Dj btw

Chicago IL
roboctopus wrote:

Let's you add and remove individual songs from a .sav as you please.  Super useful.

SketchMan3 wrote:

LSDManager allows you to extract individual songs from a lsdj.sav file that's on your computer, and then load them into another lsdj.sav file.

dude there's no way you missed the second post in this thread

NC in the US of America
Saskrotch wrote:
roboctopus wrote:

SketchMan3 wrote:

dude there's no way you missed the second post in this thread

I did not. I was just clarifying what exactly that program does and for what hardware it is intended, lest he or anyone else think that it gets the sav files directly from the Gameboy or something.

Edit: And this:

So if I'm not careful, I could end up with songs form different SAVs that I want to bring together into one cartridge.

confused me, because I thought that was what he was trying to do, but he says "If I'm not careful" which implies that it's not what he wants to do. Just mixed my head all up.

Edit: I was also trying to kind of introduce him to the process ahead of time, so he'd be a bit more familiar with it when reading the instructions.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 2, 2012 9:17 pm)

Austin, Texas

LSDManager can make a separate computer data file (an .LSDSNG) out of the contents of a save slot in a .SAV file from LSDj.

It can also add these to individual song files into existing .SAV files.

So, it's a good idea to periodically extract a .LSDSNG from every slot in your .SAV files, so you can roll-your-own save file with whatever you want to work on into a single .SAV

I don't think that can possibly be any more clear.

By the way, this program helps you extract individual songs from your savs. Then you can put them into different savs or whatever you want to do with them.

Texas

That is amazing! Thanks everyone for the help! Sorry for the late response. For some reason I usually don't get e-mailed when there is a post update (even though I have it set to do that). So sorry if my lack of response seemed disrespectful!

Quite the contrary. This basically solves my exact problem! Thanks all!

Long Beach, CA

I had no idea LSDJ Manager existed! My band hasn't rehearsed certain songs for awhile because some songs were corrupted during battery death. Now I can import the older .sav tracks into our current setlist! Hooray!

NC in the US of America
m00dawg wrote:

That is amazing! Thanks everyone for the help! Sorry for the late response. For some reason I usually don't get e-mailed when there is a post update (even though I have it set to do that). So sorry if my lack of response seemed disrespectful!

Quite the contrary. This basically solves my exact problem! Thanks all!

It's probably going into your spam folder. Check there for the emails, and be sure to choose "Not Spam" if you find them. And, good for you! big_smile

Texas
SketchMan3 wrote:

It's probably going into your spam folder. Check there for the emails, and be sure to choose "Not Spam" if you find them. And, good for you! big_smile

If it is, it's inconsistent which is why I have had trouble catching it. If it's getting filtered, it's by the mail server, not my client, since it doesn't even hit my SPAM folder. Just in case, I have tweaked my whitelist. Hopefully that does the trick.

NC in the US of America
m00dawg wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

If it is, it's inconsistent which is why I have had trouble catching it. If it's getting filtered, it's by the mail server, not my client, since it doesn't even hit my SPAM folder. Just in case, I have tweaked my whitelist. Hopefully that does the trick.

For me, sometimes they get spammed, sometimes they don't. =\

Texas
SketchMan3 wrote:

For me, sometimes they get spammed, sometimes they don't. =\

Ah, well then you might be right about needing to setup the filter. I got an e-mail update for this post so hopefully the whitelisting does the trick!