KC

Preferably Sale unless you have something that I really want.

Went ahead and put it on ebay, auction here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130744784532?ss … 1555.l2649

It works great and is great cosmetic shape other than one missing knob, but the pot is there and works, look at the top pic.

AC adaptor for it, plan on listing it on ebay unless someone here wants it first.

and I will be searching around for that missing knob

PM me if interested!

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 8, 2012 6:54 pm)

Turku, FIN

i would really like to get one of these but posting to finland might be expensive?
Where you from?

KC

United States, Im sure it would be expensive I could check if you PM me your info

Milwaukee, WI

Vintage?

KC
TSC wrote:

Vintage?

yes, vintage not sure exactly when it was made but

http://youtu.be/uWVzmai5B_o

no wiki page but http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/dr202.php

and http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetai … ductId=169

IL, US

if you look on that vintage synth page, lists date of manufacture as 2000-2002... so not really what most people would call vintage

KC

well I wasn't sure when I listed this, I thought it was older than that

I didn't bother to look at that page until after I posted

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 7, 2012 5:49 pm)

Indiana

The DR line of drum machines were made alongside the more well known series of Dr. Samples. SP-202 = DR-202, SP-303 = DR-303, and so forth. They were intended as affordable alternatives to the more expensive portable drum machine/samplers of their time, and they were super popular for it. If you're looking for something reminiscent of the abstract hip-hop of the early 2000's these were a pretty big deal in that scene.

KC

thanks for the plug

shanghai

id rather pay a bit more and just buy a roland sp404. bugs me how all these old things sell for so much thesedays. i mean if you get 150 for it fair enough. but its not something id pay more than say 80bucks for.

Indiana

they've got a signature lo-fi sound you won't find on the new stuff. people value this kind of quality. we are on a chipmusic forum after all wink

shanghai

i know. of course they have a unique value. but some of the prices are dumb as fuck. mostly people buy them and jusy hoarde them and never use them, thats what makes me sour. i know alot of people like that, rich kids that buy an ms20 for 1500 dollars, and 808 for the same, and never do anything but post pics of them on social network sites. thats why i get pissed off. i mean of course, something is worth whatever someone is willing to spend on it. myself personally though, im a)too broke and b)just not willing to pay ridiculous amounts for something that i can emulate pretty well on say maschine or a roland sp404. Sure you cant beat the real thing, its nice to have the hardware but alot of this 'i can hear the low fi analog warmth' is exaggerated i think. todays samples and samplers can pretty much reproduce the sounds almost identically.  like you could post a song and put in the info (made with real 808 and korg) when its actually samples and i gaurantee 99% of people, as long as the track was well made, would comment 'this sounds so much better cos it hardware' blah blah....its all about their perception of what they read before they hear. Like you can play someone a track from FL and say its Logic and they'll be like, Logic has such good sound. Its the best (it most likey is), but then you turn round and say oh actually i was mistaken, i made this in FL, and they'll be all back tracking, yeah you can tell cos it sounds 'thinner' that other DAW's haha. I know this because ive seen funny examples. Slugabed has sone this a few times saying shit is made on this that and the other and then been like 'only jexting, its fruity loops haha'. Anyway im just stoned and typing a rant cos im stuck inside due to a typhoon, and more so because i CAN NEVER AFFORD THESE NEW TOYS. anyway, if you're still reading this OP, i will give you 80 bucks if no one else wants it. I imagine you ll be able to get more though. peace.

sweden
Downstate wrote:

id rather pay a bit more and just buy a roland sp404. bugs me how all these old things sell for so much thesedays. i mean if you get 150 for it fair enough. but its not something id pay more than say 80bucks for.

Comparing it to a sp404 is like apples and oranges. DR-202 is a drummachine and SP-404 a phrase sampler.

sweden
Downstate wrote:

i know. of course they have a unique value. but some of the prices are dumb as fuck. mostly people buy them and jusy hoarde them and never use them, thats what makes me sour. i know alot of people like that, rich kids that buy an ms20 for 1500 dollars, and 808 for the same, and never do anything but post pics of them on social network sites. thats why i get pissed off. i mean of course, something is worth whatever someone is willing to spend on it. myself personally though, im a)too broke and b)just not willing to pay ridiculous amounts for something that i can emulate pretty well on say maschine or a roland sp404. Sure you cant beat the real thing, its nice to have the hardware but alot of this 'i can hear the low fi analog warmth' is exaggerated i think. todays samples and samplers can pretty much reproduce the sounds almost identically.  like you could post a song and put in the info (made with real 808 and korg) when its actually samples and i gaurantee 99% of people, as long as the track was well made, would comment 'this sounds so much better cos it hardware' blah blah....its all about their perception of what they read before they hear. Like you can play someone a track from FL and say its Logic and they'll be like, Logic has such good sound. Its the best (it most likey is), but then you turn round and say oh actually i was mistaken, i made this in FL, and they'll be all back tracking, yeah you can tell cos it sounds 'thinner' that other DAW's haha. I know this because ive seen funny examples. Slugabed has sone this a few times saying shit is made on this that and the other and then been like 'only jexting, its fruity loops haha'. Anyway im just stoned and typing a rant cos im stuck inside due to a typhoon, and more so because i CAN NEVER AFFORD THESE NEW TOYS. anyway, if you're still reading this OP, i will give you 80 bucks if no one else wants it. I imagine you ll be able to get more though. peace.

Spend less time on gearslutz.com wink

shanghai

haha. dem gearslutz bitchs

Forest Maze

The DR-202 is a dinosaur of both sound, and design nowadays. It's still a reliably built machine, and it's very good at making what I like to refer to as "Adventure Time" music.

If you are trying to use this for anything else like club style electronic music, or banging hip-hop beats, I'd say this isn't for you.

nordloef wrote:

Comparing it to a sp404 is like apples and oranges. DR-202 is a drummachine and SP-404 a phrase sampler.

^Also this