BC, Canada

Hey, you should have tried using a GameGear D-Pad. I'd try it as I have access to the right tools, but I don't want to further tear apart my only GameGear...

St. Louis

I wanted to originally do a neo geo pocket color joystick, but didn't want to tear one up. Game gear is a brilliant idea. The d-pad was honestly just a little experiment and joke, I really just wanted to test the start select buttons.

St. Louis

Seeing as I've been gutting and re-capping broken game gears for the past week, I tried this yesterday and it works flawlessly. Great idea with the game gear d-pad. The rubber buttons internally fit exactly the same and they're the same size as a game boy d-pad. The only modification was boring out the case and making alignment tabs with epoxy and plastic. Works amazingly well!

eme7h wrote:
Maxd wrote:

I still own my Beiberboy. tongue Stickers and all.

We're still waitin' for the Baby cover.

where all waiting :B

BC, Canada
Pugbath wrote:

Seeing as I've been gutting and re-capping broken game gears for the past week, I tried this yesterday and it works flawlessly. Great idea with the game gear d-pad. The rubber buttons internally fit exactly the same and they're the same size as a game boy d-pad. The only modification was boring out the case and making alignment tabs with epoxy and plastic. Works amazingly well!

Awesome. Maybe I'll go look for dead GGs some day. I have extra DMG shells to use. big_smile

Spokane, Washington
bclikesyou wrote:

the case reminds me of the tables in my elementary school.
heart it!

Exactly what i was thinking!

Germany, Trier

buttons ok, but dpad i give a double facepalm

Boston, MA
Helvetica Scenario wrote:

Blast processing

Joliette, QC, Canada

I know that Master System are BAD (reaaaally bad !) but this is kinda cool ! smile would have been a little bit better if the hole was cut properly ! wink
But in overall, this is nice man !

Chicago IL
Dragoon wrote:

buttons ok, but dpad i give a double facepalm

you bumped a dead thread for that?

Austin, Texas

Now everyone has two chances to hate on the worst dpad of all time.

Playboy Man-Baby

The dpad might be good for muddyGB.

NC in the US of America
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

The dpad might be good for muddyGB.

Oh snap ur totally right! It's the perfect design for throwing down some sweet d-pad riffage and killer sweeps.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 11, 2012 3:47 am)