rochester, ny

So a while ago I bought a Super Gameboy Commander controller from a japanese website because I was really intrigued by the "speed" button it had. When I got it and tested it out, I noticed that every time you press it, there's this annoying "WHOOSH" sound effect. It kind of ruined the songs when I would use it because who wants to hear crazy WHOOSH's all the time?

Anyways, I just pro-sound modified one of my Super Gameboys and I noticed that the WHOOSH is gone! The WHOOSH must just be something the Super Nintendo produces because it only comes out through the SNES's audio jack.

I know this is kind of a basic thing but someone might find it useful so I made a quick video to show what I mean.

Sweeeeeeden

Yeah, basic stuff. I had a bit of a revelation, though. I realized that's actually you in your avatar. I somehow always thought it was some random image from somewhere.

Brooklyn NY US

"Basic stuff," nitro you show-off. I thought it was interesting to know. Never thought I'd have a reason to want a pro-sounded Super Game Boy; now I do!

rochester, ny
nitro2k01 wrote:

Yeah, basic stuff. I had a bit of a revelation, though. I realized that's actually you in your avatar. I somehow always thought it was some random image from somewhere.

yep, it's me!

Bit Shifter wrote:

"Basic stuff," nitro you show-off. I thought it was interesting to know. Never thought I'd have a reason to want a pro-sounded Super Game Boy; now I do!

what i think is really cool though, is that you can add a link cable to a super gameboy (or use the super gameboy 2, that has a link cable port already) and then get really cool effects by using two super gameboy commander's at the same time. if you hit the speed button on the master super gameboy, it would only affect the tempo of the other super gameboy and not the pitch. if you hit the speed button on the slave super gameboy, it would only affect the pitch of itself and do nothing to the other one. with three possible speeds on each, that's 9 possible combo's of tempo and pitch. someone could probably do some cool stuff like that.

Germany, Trier

hihi, funny that guy big_smile

sweden

Nice!!