There is a thought that hit me, when I was testing the live mode on LSDJ. Why, are there not made any kind of controller that is flexible with the internal sequencer, when you use it for live on stage?

Something similar to a Bliptronic 5000, Monome or Novation Launchpad where you can jump forward and backward in each channel by 1 finger press or maybe turn off/on channels by 1 simple press instead of being forced to hold “select and start” to turn off the channels.

Just a thought I wanted to share ^.^

Last edited by waveboy (Aug 18, 2012 12:47 pm)

Chicago IL

there isn't a controller for the LSDJ sequencer because that would be a great way to put your controller company out of business.

you could probably get one of those gaming keyboards and program macros into it though

Unsubscribe

You can already do this, with any pad controller that sends DIN midi (like the akai mpd stuff), an arduinoboy and the LIVEMAP setting:

http://code.google.com/p/arduinoboy/

LIVEMAP   Lsdj will use its own clock, but a incoming midi note will cue midi note # to song row # in live mode.

Austin, Texas

You can also use an LSDj keyboard to do something similar, albeit in a much more limited fashion.

The keyboard layout has dedicated buttons for a lot of the button combos on the Game Boy, along with dedicated mute buttons for each channel.

EDIT:

Saskrotch wrote:

you could probably get one of those gaming keyboards and program macros into it though

A lot of the ones with that kind of macro functionality rely on USB for it to work, so you probably couldn't use them for LSDj. hmm

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 18, 2012 1:47 pm)

Chicago IL
Telerophon wrote:

You can also use an LSDj keyboard to do something similar, albeit in a much more limited fashion.

The keyboard layout has dedicated buttons for a lot of the button combos on the Game Boy, along with dedicated mute buttons for each channel.

EDIT:

Saskrotch wrote:

A lot of the ones with that kind of macro functionality rely on USB for it to work, so you probably couldn't use them for LSDj. hmm

if i could take a single picture of both sides of this thing, i'd totally show off my usb to ps/2 converter thing

Austin, Texas

Do those work with LSDj? I was under the impression they only worked with certain keyboards and devices.

I don't have one anymore, but it would be interesting to try.

That said, to my understanding additional functionality such a macros, multimedia keys, or whatever else is still only supported by the USB bus, and wouldn't work on PS/2. sad

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 18, 2012 2:04 pm)

Chicago IL
Telerophon wrote:

Do those work with LSDj? I was under the impression they only worked with certain keyboards and devices.

I don't have one anymore, but it would be interesting to try.

That said, to my understanding additional functionality such a macros, multimedia keys, or whatever else is still only supported by the USB bus, and wouldn't work on PS/2. sad

no idea, i write out full songs like A MAN, LIVE MODE BE DAMNED

Austin, Texas

LSDj has two modes:

Live mode and MAN MODE.

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 18, 2012 2:44 pm)

Unsubscribe

I rift things out in live mode, and then stitch it together in song mode.

Milwaukee, WI

I just flat out mode.

LSDJ a la mode?

New York
an0va wrote:

LSDJ a la mode?

delicious

Last edited by Parallelis (Aug 19, 2012 3:08 am)