A idea just hit me, I want to use my LSDJ for live use and sometimes it can be hard to find the sound level thats good on bigger live speakers. I dont know if this is already inside...but i could not find any options for this.

So what about making a build-in-mixer in LSDJ, where you can adjust the different 4 channels and maybe also the master volume in one "build-in mixer", that would be a nice feature in LSDJ because a gameboy has only 1 output else i would have taken each output into my mixer and adjust each sound.

Last edited by waveboy (Aug 22, 2012 7:06 pm)

Unsubscribe

You know each channel has instruments volume settings AND you can use E commands to control volume right?

Savannah, Georgia

i personally don't think splitting the channels on a GB would be possible... is it?

Last edited by Aeros (Aug 22, 2012 7:09 pm)

Unsubscribe

nope. Unless you ahrd pan and then mix stuff externally.. or multitrack record and play back using a computer.

Philly, PA, USA

this isn't even a coherent idea

buffalo, NY

Yeah, I just brute force mix everything to taste using crazy amounts of E commands.

herr_prof wrote:

You know each channel has instruments volume settings

Are you sure? because i can only find a volume setting feature under the wave channel…

Savannah, Georgia

oh god

please read the manual

PLEASE

Aeros wrote:

oh god

please read the manual

PLEASE

That was a very arrogant and negative answer and very unusefull for me.

I have look in the manual and found something about “synth screen”, but when I change the volume to 5 at both start and end then it does not adjust my volume wtf?

Last edited by waveboy (Aug 22, 2012 7:54 pm)

Riverside, CA

So like... an MXX command for each channel, that you can adjust in real time?

Savannah, Georgia
waveboy wrote:
Aeros wrote:

oh god

please read the manual

PLEASE

That was a very arrogant and negative answer and very unusefull for me.

I have look in the manual and found something about “synth screen”, but when I change the volume to 5 at both start and end then it does not adjust my volume wtf?

LSDJ Manual 4.6.6 wrote:

5.4 E: Amplitude Envelope

This command functions in two different ways, depending on which instrument type it is used on.

5.4.1 For Pulse and Noise Instruments
The first value digit sets the initial amplitude (0=min, $F=max); the second
digit sets the release (0,8: no change, 1-7: decrease, 9-$F: increase).

5.4.2 For Wave Instruments
E00 volume 0%
E01 volume 25%
E02 volume 50%
E03 volume 100%

i said, READ THE MANUAL.

Last edited by Aeros (Aug 22, 2012 7:58 pm)

Brooklon

You music be using some magics because WAV volume doesn't go above three.

Also, as said before, E commands - use em well.

California

He's probably talking about the volume settings in the Synth screen, which affect the amplitude of the waveforms drawn on the Wave screen for use in the wave channel.

But as for the pulse and noise channels the volume is the first digit in the envelope parameter on the Instrument screen OR when using the E command.

Aeros is mean, but it's not like he doesn't have a point. All this is explained in the manual.

Last edited by VCMG (Aug 22, 2012 8:12 pm)

Basically what he wants is master volume controls for each of the four channels on LSDJ. But really just be careful with your envelope settings.

Czech republic

It would actually be pretty cool to adjust volume live for the whole channel, not only specific instrument.

surprised it's not in there, it's easy to code for the first two channels at least.  bit more brutal for the other two obv.

Last edited by 4mat (Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm)