BOSTON8BIT, MA

Hey there all,

I've been trying to dig up some information on the GBP below (see album link) that I picked up on a business trip to Germany last month, and haven't had any luck thus far. At an open air market in Stuttgart, I came across the following Blue GBP w/ case, which with 2 games for 30 Euro I figured was a pretty good deal. Only issue is, there is a silkscreened 'Thomas & Betts' logo on the bottom left, which isn't the sort of thing I've seen before. A guy that specifically collects GBP immediately PMed me on Reddit, but didn't respond about possibly finding a legit price somehow.

Does anyone know anything about this or other branded GBPs, and if not would anyone please point me to a resource where I could look for more info? If someone is interested in buying, I would consider selling with the case or separately (the case is also EUR) - but of course this requires me to be able to first find a legitimate price point to work from.

Thanks for any interest/info!

Link: imgur album with more angles and case pic

-Chris

Chicago IL

i don't know much about this specific one, but a lot of companies seemed to do this kind of thing when they were being made. i've got a yellow tommy hilfiger GBC. from what I can tell companies would just put their logos on them and use them for giveaways.

KC

pukey puke....

washington

No idea, but the gameboy looks minty as hell smile

Nottingham, UK

I know a guy who has a lock up full of mint condition Planet Hollywood promotional DMG's that were never released. Thomas & Betts seems like a pretty weird company to be put on a gbc though.

East Kilbride, Scotland
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I know a guy who has a lock up full of mint condition Planet Hollywood promotional DMG's that were never released.

Lies.

Nottingham, UK
Sycamore Drive wrote:
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I know a guy who has a lock up full of mint condition Planet Hollywood promotional DMG's that were never released.

Lies.

If you'd seen what I've seen in this guys collection you'd never doubt again.

Only found this guy who also seems to own one.
But can't read the language :S
http://ninthandold.over-blog.com/articl … 36494.html

Tulsa, OK

I have a blue gameboy advance with the Toys R Us logo on it. It is in disrepair and missing the battery cover, but I don't know much about it's value compared to a regular GBA. The fact that it is not in complete working condition right now im sure puts it at almost $0.

Heck, if the logo thing dosent work out, you still have a MINT GBP

matt's mind

since its not been linked to yet, for your ease,

http://www.tnb.com/pub/index.php

really odd promo item.  toys r us makes sense, hilfiger less so, the aussie cgb is a cool thing, this i don't understand.  i think someone there wanted a lot of gameboys and worked it out this way with them being swag at a convention, workplace retreat, for upper management's kids during such an event, etc...

if i were at a convention and every single table wanted you to take home swag, just anything with their name on it, these would do the trick back in the day.  who wants to go get the obligatory trip-gift for the kids when you're drinking all the time/whatever on a business trip anyways.  just take home the gameboy.  genius.

Cleveland, OH

That looks pretty nice actually.
I have this one that I haven't been able to find a single bit of evidence on:

Cleveland, OH
kitsch wrote:

since its not been linked to yet, for your ease,

http://www.tnb.com/pub/index.php

really odd promo item.  toys r us makes sense, hilfiger less so, the aussie cgb is a cool thing, this i don't understand.  i think someone there wanted a lot of gameboys and worked it out this way with them being swag at a convention, workplace retreat, for upper management's kids during such an event, etc...

if i were at a convention and every single table wanted you to take home swag, just anything with their name on it, these would do the trick back in the day.  who wants to go get the obligatory trip-gift for the kids when you're drinking all the time/whatever on a business trip anyways.  just take home the gameboy.  genius.

I LOLed but you make a very good argument smile