Blackpool

So I have one of these, it all works apart from the CD tray, it won't open at all I have taken it apart tried to move it, but it won't budge, any idea what a fix could be. If I can't get it working anyone got any ideas what I could do with it? I am thinking of gutting it and making it into one of 3 things, a micro atx PC, Alarm clock/radio or a DVD/ Blu Ray player.

What do you guys think ?

.FILTHadelphia

I think you shouldn't destroy retro consoles.

Blackpool

I know, I hate too, I am a collector of retro consoles, but I can't figure out what is wrong, so I may aswell put it too use.

.FILTHadelphia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ap4o-eh … re=related

There are a few fixes on YouTube. This is the second one I found.

Milwaukee, WI

I assume you tried hitting reset on the sega itself?

babylon

model ones are a joke. sorry yours doesnt work. if youve tried EVERYTHING to ressurect it then i like the pc idea. or maybe just something to hide your weed in.

San Angelo, TX

I'll buy it, or trade you something for it.
PM me,
Will the tray just not open?
Can it still read disks?

The New City of York

replace the motor

Blackpool

Right after deciding to take it to part and strip it all down, I can open the tray manually, so I thought I would leave it open whilst it turns on, it retracts the disk but it will not open again after, I have been told it may be the belt, but I don't see how it could be as it will close it.

@Screamforme9, as far as I know it read disks last time I had it working, but I wouldn't like to say for sure.

San Angelo, TX

Like I said PM me and we can figure something out

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I want one of these!