Italy

Don't know if this is the right section, posting in Commodore because Commodores are implied, but looks more like a motion graphics thing.

So I was wandering around searching for C64 videos and I found this.

It just blew up my mind. Is it really possible to obtain cool distorted graphics effects similar to circuit bending just running the video signal of a Commodore (or maybe even other consoles or possibly any video device) through a Kaoss Pad or any other fx obtaining soft glitches and not ruining the signal or any device implied?
I'm really curious about this and I would like to know if you ever tried something like this or know if it really can be done right, or not, and why.
Would make visuals a lot easier even if I'm pretty sure it's quite limited compared to circuit bending

Unsubscribe

Seems pretty subtle.. I wonder if you need to amp the video out somehow to get more UMPH

São Paulo, Brazil

dig it.

washington

That's pretty groovy.

BK

Oh hey that's my video smile yeah it is pretty subtle, If anyone comes up with a better way to do this or make it look cooler please post it! That was really just a lazy afternoon experiment tbh.

São Paulo, Brazil
Kris k wrote:

Oh hey that's my video smile yeah it is pretty subtle, If anyone comes up with a better way to do this or make it look cooler please post it! That was really just a lazy afternoon experiment tbh.

oh shit, you were more fat back then than when we met in NYC.  big_smile

CHIPTUNE

You actaully just plug the audio into the video input. Then you get automatic sync even smile Just make sure the volume is super loud (ie, use an amplifier inbetween). It's a good starting point.

BK
PULSELOOPER wrote:
Kris k wrote:

oh shit, you were more fat back then than when we met in NYC.  big_smile

It's true.

Austin, TX

Whoa, this is pretty badass! I'm going to try this right now with my KP2, if it's any different from the KPmini's effect I'll post a video for comparison!

Austin, TX

I've been playing around with the KP2 and Cynthcart, and the results were very nice! I tried it on a super old tube tv and a more up-to-date flat screen. I didn't really get anything on the tube, but the flat screen was badass. My camera keeps fucking up, but I'll upload a video soon.

BK

Interesting! My video was shot on an old tube screen- I'd love to see if (and how) it's different on a flatscreen for sure.

Austin, TX
Kris k wrote:

Interesting! My video was shot on an old tube screen- I'd love to see if (and how) it's different on a flatscreen for sure.

I think the tube screen wasn't working for me because I used an rf to coaxial cable instead of standard a/v. I'll hook up an a/v converter to the tube tomorrow and see if that works.

Austin, TX

Here's what the flat screen looked like with the KP2,
http://youtu.be/cdvN_BnU5TQ

Maine

wow that's pretty neat does anyone know any other cool ways of doing this?

BK
Boddah wrote:

Here's what the flat screen looked like with the KP2,
http://youtu.be/cdvN_BnU5TQ

OK, that looks way better than mine did. Nicely done!

Italy

I wonder what a Commodore (or even Playstation) game would look like when kaoss'd!
Also, I really like Boddah's effect