Germany, Trier

I translated my website from german into english, cause lots of people asked me to do that.

now I got a problem. most german people argue about putting a .de domain into english isn't just the best thing...whatever *fuckoff*

I need some people with good gramatical and language skills to read my page and give me feedback, what i have to correct, cause my english is good, but not that good it seems.

Please help me out with that and report back here!

The site is www.whatweplay.de

keep in mind: constructive critisism, not "fuck what a shitty site, lmao" vise versa

Maine

>Here i will introduce you my projects all about the topics console modding and retro gaming.
i think you missed a to and of in that sentence
fixed>Here i will introduce you to my projects all about the topics of console modding and retro gaming.
thats on the first page so people will probably read that first
>There’s not much to say about my person.
people don't say about my person. people say about me.
fixed>There’s not much to say about me.
fixed>I was born on the 7th of April 1987 in Trier.
>everytime to have for a little joke
not sure what you wanted to say there
fixed>I'm 5.6 feet tall with dark brown hair and brown eyes.
you don't have bad grammar its just mostly small mistakes. other then that its a pretty good website
Edit: missed some stuff i dont have time to go through right now sorry tongue

Last edited by TheBronyChip (Aug 28, 2012 2:36 pm)

Germany, Trier

thanks!

anything else?

Last edited by Dragoon (Aug 29, 2012 2:04 pm)

Gosford, Australia

Check your PMs, also maybe find an English proofreader's forum because they could help a lot more than most of us (even English speakers tongue)

"everytime to have for a little joke" is a phrase in german ("immer für einen witz/scherz zu haben"), which means, he's a funny and/or joking person. But you can't translate it (like most of these phrases) well into another language.

Sydney, NSW

Hey man, if you want I'll fix up the translation for ya, so it reads in proper english!

Austin, Texas

A lot of these things do translate into english, they just use different aphorisms.

This is where translation becomes an art and not a science—you have to know when an aphorism in one language won't render well in another, and what comparable aphorism may capture the spirit of the original idiom.

For example, the "everytime to have for a little joke" aphorism is probably well conveyed by saying something like "he's such a kidder."

That said, I don't speak German, so I'm not really the most qualified person here.

› Show Spoiler

As for the ".de domain in english" being a convention, you could always render the site in german and english, and put the english site on a subdomain or a different TLD, such as "en.whatweplay.de" or "whatweplay.de/en/"

Germany, Trier
Telerophon wrote:

As for the ".de domain in english" being a convention, you could always render the site in german and english, and put the english site on a subdomain or a different TLD, such as "en.whatweplay.de" or "whatweplay.de/en/"

Thats an awesome idea, didn't thought about that yet!
Mhhh, i must figure out, how to do so with Wordpress...