Prague

Today I found out that the total duration of my Atari 800XL music has exceeded 15 minutes, so I decided to make a dedicated set on SoundCloud. Perhaps you will like it:

http://soundcloud.com/adam_sporka/sets/ … tari-800xl

matt's mind

thanks for linking!  i heart my 800xl, pampered it a little this week in fact!

Prague

They are awesome machines!

NC in the US of America

Wait, is this about the music or the machine?

In any case, this is groovy. Real groovy. Loving the early 2000's vibe of "End of Summer". A little bit of early Justin Timberlake feel goin' on... B) or should I say ;_;
I guess you heard I like retro music, so you put some retro music in your retro music so I can have retro music with my retro music?

Really enjoyed this. It's so light and fluffy yet it leaves you feeling well fed. =q

(ps: kitsch, do you have any music releases floating around out there, or do you just use consoles for gaming and modding?)

Prague

Well, it is about the machines as well, kind of :-)
Anyway, thank you, I'm glad you like it!

England

you sure get a lot of soundcloud comments! tongue

Last edited by Jellica (Sep 25, 2012 11:14 am)

Prague

Eyup, Ah got muh sources ...

Prague

I've been trying out cloudkillers.com where people comment each other's music on SoundCloud. An interesting concept. One gets to hear a lot of different music (even though its dubstep mostly) in various stages of readiness, gets some valuable feedback, and "meets" people for collaboration.

matt's mind

what is the software you're running on your 800XL?

Westfield, NJ

I just joined cloudkiller and I'm probably gonna be hooked on this now. love it.

Prague

kitsch: I'm using Raster Music Tracker on PC which is capable of export Atari 800XL binaries that I either convert to WAV file and record them on tape (old school) or run by the emulator. The tracker sounds nice on its own but the sound coming from the emulator is much closer to the real thing.

Decktonic: It is kind of addictive, isn't it!

Unsubscribe

when i had an 800xl setup, i had sio2pc mount the folder on pc as an atari directory and just exported rmt songs as executables and then play them off the atari. I didnt use it very much but it worked pretty well that way.

Prague

Sounds like I should upgrade my gear smile