Philadelphia, PA
Telerophon wrote:

This is so much better than my idea for an NES X-Band!

(Just kidding, that would be a terrible idea. My point is that it is astounding how versus-over-WAN is such an amazing idea to bring to the NES, and that's maybe 5% of all the cool shit this thing can do.)

derekb wrote:

I really don't see a river city random 2 wiiware game coming out at this point unless it gets shifted to wii u or 3ds

There actually was a GBA port/remake of River City Ransom, called River City Ransom EX.

There have been murmurs of a true "River City Ransom 2" for a while now, but it looks like vaporware from where I'm reading about it.

This is an interesting topic.

well fucking titties, consider me hyped!

Chicago IL

the thing is they said to look for it summer 2011. i'd love to see it but i dunno if its going to happen. Plus what about Downtown Special? Wasn't that sort of River City Ransom 2?

Austin, Texas

Everything I've found about this is fluff that seems to pop up on one or two game blogs every month, but I haven't found any developer press releases anywhere. I wish I had some better concrete stuff to postulate with.

vancouver, canada

a River City Ransom MMORPG.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Orange County, CA
bryface wrote:

a River City Ransom MMORPG.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Space City Ransom: Offworld cyberpunk dystopian open world brawler sandbox

Joliette, QC, Canada

BARF ! lol

Dr Treble wrote:

Space City Ransom: Offworld cyberpunk dystopian open world brawler sandbox

yes, please

Austin, Texas

Shadowransom

Orange County, CA
Telerophon wrote:

Shadowransom

Not offworld = not cool enough.

Chicago IL

I was going to do an article about it on my ROM blog, and I will eventually, but since I bet most people haven't played itDowntown Special for NES