e-mail it to mee to
maggan a wang-electronics.com

UK

i know weird right. my guess is that its a mac compatable ap but it just gets named ppmck.exe when i made it. just call it from the command line like normal. its on the website to download.

WOW MAN!
bigchip wrote:

i know weird right. my guess is that its a mac compatable ap but it just gets named ppmck.exe when i made it. just call it from the command line like normal. its on the website to download.

That is the weirdest thing. The version I have has a windows-style executable (with .exe extension) and a unix-style one (with no extension). Both files are actually identical, just with different names. Both run on Mac or Windows!

I've never seen that before - can anyone shed some light on this?

I can think of no explanation!  Mega weird.

UK

The only explanation is that ppmck has actually become magical.

The mystery deepens, i just tried to re make ppmck on my mac and it spat the .exe out again which worked fine. I just deleted the .exe of the end and its now turned itself into the corect and proper file type.

Last edited by bigchip (Mar 1, 2010 7:01 pm)

What the hell????

Philly, PA, USA

wait... how?

WOW MAN!

I approached it from a different angle: I tried to run the Mac-built .exe on Windows (via Parallels Desktop) but it says "Program too big to fit in memory."

Maybe it doesn't work on Windows at all, just that the .exe on the filename makes you think it does?

UK

Magic is the only plausible explanation for this.

Philly, PA, USA

i'm confused when i try loading up ppmck in terminal is says some things and then just says process complete, am i doing something wrong?
"yes"
but what?

I think you're suppose to pass an argument (an mml file) to ppmck when you enter the command in terminal, so that it compiles it into an nsf...
does that make sense?

I've been using Big Chip's drop tools, but could not get an mml file using dcpm (dpcm?) to compile, sad

Philly, PA, USA

i have no idea. i'll mess around with it, see if i can get it to work

uhajdafdfdfa

pixls, it should just be:

ppmckc infile

(if the file is infile.mml)

Depending on how you've organised your stuff, you might end up having to do something like:

bin/ppmckc.exe songs/song/infile

Last edited by ant1 (Mar 3, 2010 4:26 pm)

Lawrenceville, GA

http://famicompo-mini.com/mckc.html

this help?

cool link, checking it out, thx

UK
Battle Lava wrote:

I've been using Big Chip's drop tools, but could not get an mml file using dcpm (dpcm?) to compile, sad

Hmm odd ill have a look into this.

-edit-
No works fine for me. Make sure your putting the address of your dmc sample in correct. If you are using text edit to write your mml file like me the way i do it is to just drag the dmc file into the text aria and it will give  you the absolute address to it. e.g.

@DPCM0 = { "/Users/jYourName/dmcSamples/sanre.dmc",15 }

And it should give you dmc filled nsf's. Hope that helps.

Last edited by bigchip (Mar 4, 2010 6:36 pm)