Detroit, Michigan

Orange County, CA
snesei wrote:

Leave Chiptune Alone (Eqavox)

Last edited by Dr Treble (Oct 5, 2012 6:15 pm)

Westfield, NJ

Guys, this is the tune:

@pixls: I can hear when mastering is bad and this is one of the worst examples I've heard. Also, I believe that mastering has a big effect on how listeners perceive music, even when they don't understand mastering at all, but I'm sure some people might disagree.

Last edited by Decktonic (Oct 5, 2012 4:22 pm)

Philly, PA, USA

HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW that really is. that compression. i can't.
I mean it's also definitely mixed really poorly, but yeah wow. I didn't think you could actually do that to a song.

Brooklon

Holy hell that is bad. And not even remotely chip.

But this makes me think, maybe there's a place for the sonic equivalent of visual data moshing? Compressing things terribly just for the joy of the artifacts? Discuss.

Westfield, NJ
Note! wrote:

But this makes me think, maybe there's a place for the sonic equivalent of visual data moshing? Compressing things terribly just for the joy of the artifacts? Discuss.

There's a place for everything, but even then this would be the opposite of a good example.

Actually Note! I think this is a perfect example of what you are describing:

http://brightprimate.bandcamp.com/track … tron-remix

Sydney, NSW
Note! wrote:

modular synthesis

bang

Sydney, NSW

Also, it wasn't the OP who wrote the tune, rather his channel that uploaded it. From what I've gathered.
I guess he just didn't want to be associated with this stuff; he realised the error of his ways

Westfield, NJ
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Also, it wasn't the OP who wrote the tune, rather his channel that uploaded it. From what I've gathered.
I guess he just didn't want to be associated with this stuff; he realised the error of his ways

he still has it uploaded on Youtube (OP just posts various chiptunes on Youtube). so it's not that he doesn't think it's a good chiptune, he just doesn't want this hurting his reputation on chipmusic.org

which i think is silly

OP brought about a lively discussion about this song and I still respect OP.

Brooklon
Decktonic wrote:
Note! wrote:

There's a place for everything, but even then this would be the opposite of a good example.

Cool remix but I'm talking WAY MORE ARTIFACTS. Like unlistenable amounts of artifacts. Somebody find me that. I WANT TO LISTEN TO STRAIGHTCOMPRESSIONNOCHASER

I also got blocked on his Facebook Page, but in his "final statment" he kinda made a good statment what he is:

[...]  being a self righteous, closed minded biggot wining like a little bitch because they have a personality defect that brings their intelligence to the level of a four year old ...
[...]

Yup, Eqavox.

Brooklon
Decktonic wrote:

so it's not that he doesn't think it's a good chiptune

Just curious, is it "chiptune" because he says 8-bit a few times? 'Cause I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with chip musics. And I'm not trying to get into the ever-present "Waht is chiptune even?" conversation. I'm just saying. This is about as chiptune as tibetan throat singing.

Tacoma WA
Chainsaw Police wrote:
Note! wrote:

modular synthesis

bang

there are only two modular compressors as far as i know. 

one is DIY and the other is really expensive and out of stock everywhere

but yah artifacts for artifacts sake

Detroit, Michigan
Note! wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

Cool remix but I'm talking WAY MORE ARTIFACTS. Like unlistenable amounts of artifacts. Somebody find me that. I WANT TO LISTEN TO STRAIGHTCOMPRESSIONNOCHASER

SANIC EVENCHUR TOO GOTTA GO FAST

Last edited by snesei (Oct 5, 2012 6:43 pm)

Westfield, NJ
Note! wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

so it's not that he doesn't think it's a good chiptune

Just curious, is it "chiptune" because he says 8-bit a few times? 'Cause I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with chip musics. And I'm not trying to get into the ever-present "Waht is chiptune even?" conversation. I'm just saying. This is about as chiptune as tibetan throat singing.

it's chiptune because apparently all electronic music is chiptune these days.

/this coming from a guy that plays DS-10 and calls it chiptune.

seriously though I can't speak for OP. and we will probably never know because I'm pretty sure he's avoiding this thread.

Last edited by Decktonic (Oct 5, 2012 6:58 pm)

Westfield, NJ
snesei wrote:

love it!