Westfield, NJ

Thought you guys might appreciate this:

http://www.ableton.com/articles/machine … requencies

MACHINEDRUM wrote:

I used Impulse Tracker to produce music for almost 12 years before I switched to Ableton Live. [Impulse Tracker] is a sample-based sequencer originally based in DOS and later emulated for Windows and Mac. There is no MIDI or VST instruments in Impulse Tracker so you’re forced to rely only on samples. This method of sampling and searching through long recordings to find the perfect sound has stuck with me to this day, so it’s kind of second nature for me in a way.

pretty cool.

shanghai

for sure. you can hear it a mile off in all his older stuff on M3rck. You can hear alot of classic M3rck records were made on trackers, i know proswell also used Impulse for one of my favourite albums of all time -  'Konami'. Man, machinedrum makes sooo much music its insane ! not too keen on all his newer stuff, but man i got so many choppy idm hip hop tracks from him in my monday night dj playlist !

México, DF.

machinedrum is the man.

Bratislava, Slovakia

Pretty cool interview, i think he is old like I smile I am wondering what used Calvin Harris to produce his first album on Amiga, it is also pretty sample based. Perhaps OctaMED (MED Soundstudio).

shanghai

come on . . . dont mention calvin harris in a machinedrum thread. thats insulting : P

Austin, Texas

I didn't know Calvin Harris made an Amiga album. yikes

Westfield, NJ
Downstate wrote:

come on . . . dont mention calvin harris in a machinedrum thread. thats insulting : P

hey I like Calvin

but I agree.

shanghai

haha

montreal, qc

he also released 6 EPs in .it format over at inpuj under his _-_m-e-ek alias.

syndrone - triskaideka
machine drum - now you know
machine drum - urban biology
= all impulse tracker.

Westfield, NJ
ilkae wrote:

he also released 6 EPs in .it format over at inpuj under his _-_m-e-ek alias.

syndrone - triskaideka
machine drum - now you know
machine drum - urban biology
= all impulse tracker.

this is complete news to me. wow.

TSSBAY01

ya ilkae and i came up with machine drum over the years, i cant speak for him but i think somethin that's blown both of our minds is the speeds that dude works at sometimes, tempo 1 and stuff. pretty sure both aaron and i have a bunch of those songs in .it format too.. it would have been cool if he shared a module for the article, but having seen em i think it would probably just confuse and frustrate people

edit: just wanted to add, travis says in the article that IT doesnt have midi capabilities, which isnt true. i have only used midi with impulse tracker twice, with a roland jx-8p, but it is possible to use midi with it. one track was a throwaway and another was a fairly well known tss track, and you dont exactly get the full results you might expect. but it is possible and sometimes is organic enough that you can get good results. i sort of feel like this may be the best way for people to cut their teeth with IT, to use the midi aspects of it, and get the best of what you can get.

Last edited by tempsoundsolutions (Oct 4, 2012 2:16 am)

montreal, qc

a 100% impulse tracker album getting a 9.3 review from pitchfork in 2001?
i'm sick of hearing about the glass ceiling in the chip/tracker scene.

los angeles

goode Boy

IT is nice.