England

chiptune is nearly at the stage where people just banging on a table counts.

Detroit, Michigan
Jellica wrote:

4 to teh floor table kicks and square wavz all day

make sure to bit crush the table kick sample for ultimate chiptune effect

Westfield, NJ
Jellica wrote:

relevant

Middlesbrough UK
Decktonic wrote:
Note! wrote:

Just curious, is it "chiptune" because he says 8-bit a few times? 'Cause I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with chip musics. And I'm not trying to get into the ever-present "Waht is chiptune even?" conversation. I'm just saying. This is about as chiptune as tibetan throat singing.

it's chiptune because apparently all electronic music is chiptune these days.

/this coming from a guy that plays DS-10 and calls it chiptune.

Techincally its micro music, I find that chiptune is all about the sound not the hardware. If you can emulate it using vsts etc then its still chiptune. I like ds-10 smile also that video you just posted was awesome hahaha

I just want to add that I didn't just give him random constructive critisim out of the blue, he was telling me about this thread and how much people hated his music... I actually hadn't heard his music until I used the link posted here by OP.

Last edited by x Critical strike x (Oct 5, 2012 7:56 pm)

The Hollow Earth

Damn the OP for deleting whatever this was. I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun. sad

Westfield, NJ
Subterrestrial wrote:

Damn the OP for deleting whatever this was. I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun. sad

again, this was the tune:

enjoy

Brunswick, GA USA

It's  reposted a couple pages or two ago. I request that the title be put on the thread again.

I've never seen something get such a flash paper quick negative response before. I thought it was a troll song.

Westfield, NJ

didn't even think to check his facebook...

literally dying man. dying.

Brazil

The song is not that horrible. I was expecting a full frontal car crash.
Is bad, but I've heard lots of awful stuff all the time at 8bc.

The thing is, it's not chipmusic.
And also not that bad.

Tulsa, OK

It's not good.
But it's a lot better than I expected after reading the comments

Milwaukee, WI
Note! wrote:

WAY MORE ARTIFACTS. Like unlistenable amounts of artifacts. Somebody find me that. I WANT TO LISTEN TO STRAIGHTCOMPRESSIONNOCHASER

infradead delivers!

http://chipmusic.org/infradead/music/slushy

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Oct 5, 2012 11:53 pm)

Gosford, Australia
Theta_Frost wrote:
Note! wrote:

WAY MORE ARTIFACTS. Like unlistenable amounts of artifacts. Somebody find me that. I WANT TO LISTEN TO STRAIGHTCOMPRESSIONNOCHASER

infradead delivers!

this kind of thing is why i want to one day make a VST that emulates mp3/wma/m4a compression on a continuous scale, in lieu of a bitcrusher

Cambridge UK

Needs to sound more like My Sweet Lord.

Sydney, NSW
Victory Road wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

infradead delivers!

this kind of thing is why i want to one day make a VST that emulates mp3/wma/m4a compression on a continuous scale, in lieu of a bitcrusher

That's actually not a bad idea...! I'm dead sure Aphex Twin uses compression artefacts in some of his tunes, and I've always wondered if he just rendered and compressed a small snippit of audio, or used a barrage of wacky effects
to emulate it.

Unsubscribe

This thread comes across a tad mean.

Tacoma WA
Theta_Frost wrote:
Note! wrote:

infradead delivers!

hehehe i forgot i did that.